Heads up, fellow Smashbox fans! The line’s just made their new Softbox Collection for Summer 2011 available online, and from the look of things, it’s right up my alley (and maybe yours).
Photographers use softboxes and specialized bulb umbrellas to diffuse bright light sources and eliminate harsh shadows, making the light that falls on their model appear softer and more natural.
It’s the same premise Smashbox applied to the products in their Softbox Studio collection. The three makeup sets for eyes, lips and cheeks mimic the qualities of natural light and embody the idea of effortless beauty.
Speaking as a practical person, I love these shades because I know I’ll be able to wear them. 🙂 Expect to see lots of neutral browns, beiges, pinks and taupes — colors equipped to take you straight from the office to dinner and drinks.
Softbox Lip Gloss Collection, $29
This set of six travel glosses (minis) comes with three new colors and three repromoted shades, including…
- Limitless Longwear in Infinite, a repromoted shimmery beige
- Limitless Longwear in 24/7, a new shimmery wine
- Lip Enhancing Gloss in Afterglow, a repromoted shimmery peach
- Lip Enhancing Gloss in Brown Sugar, a new shimmery brown
- Lip Enhancing Gloss in Glam, a new shimmery rose
- Lip Enhancing Gloss in Illume, a repromoted shimmery beige
Softbox Eye Shadow Palette, $48
Cream formulas take center stage in this palette of neutral eye products. It comes with seven new colors and four of Smashbox’s bestselling shades. You can see it in action in this video with Smashbox Pro Lead Artist Lori Taylor. The kit includes…
- Nine eyeshadows
- Two cream liners
- A double-sided brush
- A mini-Photo Finish Lid primer
- A Get-the-Look Guide
Glambox Sultry/Sweet Set, $68
This eight-piece kit is good for (at least) two different looks. Invoke your sultry inner vixen (ooh, baby!) or your sweet charming self with…
- Limitless Eye Liner in Smoke
- Photo Op Under Eye Brightener (FYI, this stuff is the BOMB!)
- Eye Shadow Quad in Softly Seductive
- Hyperlash Mascara in Blackout
- Reflection High Shine LIp Gloss
- Lip Enhancing Gloss in Tempt
- Cheek Duo in Sultry/Sweet
- Travel Size Photo Finish Lumizing Foundation Primer
Is your interest piqued, or do these colors put you to sleep?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. How’s it going over there today? What’s for lunch (I’m starved!)?