Meow, kitty cat. Happy Caturday! I hope you slept well last night.
This morning I was awoken by a dainty love bite on my left forearm… It was Tabs reminding me that he runs the show on Caturdays, and it was already 7 o’clock. Time to get up! Hop to it!
OK, so you may want to sit down for this one: we have some news about the MAC permanent line.
(Who gets excited about products being added to the permanent line?! THIS GIRL!)
I know, we live in a limited edition world, and we’re all mere spectators. We watch as wonderful products gets rotated on and off shelves, so when something great makes its way to the permanent line, especially when it’s in the MAC Extra Dimension formula, I get REALLY excited. Because you can fall in love and stay in love with it without worrying about it leaving you in the lurch someday.
Most of the time. Yeah, I’m still bitter about MAC Kid Eye Shadow being discontinued…
Anywho! MAC is adding 11 new shades of their new Extra Dimension Blush and three Extra Dimension Skinfinishes — one, a shimmery gold you might remember from the MAC Magic of the Night holiday collection a couple years back called Oh Darling. The other two are new.
I’m all about that blush/highlighter life so I’m stoked!
Expect to find these at MAC counters starting April 6th until the end of time…
OK, maybe not until the end of time…but they should be there a while.
In other news, here are some things that caught my eye in beauty news this week, including this — wait for it — BABY SPA.
Yes, it’s a legit spa for babies.
Little babies…not big babies like yours truly, LOL!
- At the Girls Auto Clinic in Philly, you can get your car serviced WHILE you get a mani. Hell, yeah! I’d take my Mazda there!
- Whoa! Did you know that Bebe and a whole mess of other stores I worked at and spent way too much money in (like The Limited) are closing? The times, they are a changin’…
- Crazy cool hair from Tokyo Fashion Week.
- This is so sweet. Oprah’s long-time makeup artist Reggie Wells glams up seniors in this Baltimore community.
- Grab a tissue, because this piece on mothers and daughters will give you all the feels.
- It’s been a while since I’ve wanted to do anything crazy to my hair, but the geode hair trend is giving me the itch again…
- Um…would you ever (or have you ever) use a hard-boiled egg to apply your foundation?
- Givenchy revamped their blushes, and they’re gorge.
- Yes, please! I wanna be a Bronze Goddess.
- So many creams! So many blues and greens! OPI is heading to Fiji (take me!) with their new spring 2017 collection.
- The Estée Edit Fluid Metal Shadows look like FUN, FUN, FUN!
- Here’s the 411 on The Ordinary, a new skincare line getting a lot of buzz.
- Three words: baby day spa.
And a few videos
To do this weekend: try this hooded eye makeup look.
I’m gonna have to cave and grab a Viseart palette.
In case you were wondering how nail polish is made…
Dupes for high-end products!
Rise and shine, morning glory. I’m just puttering around the house now and trying to figure out everything that I need to get done before I leave the house at 4 with my friend Marisol for a girls night out adventure. We’re heading to a winery in Healdsburg, which is about an hour north of us here in Novato, called Chateau Diana to hang out with other wine-lovin’ ladies.
I’m really looking forward to making convo with new people (and, yes, sipping wine). I’m a social creature.
And after that we’re gonna grab some pizza, and…how could pizza not make someone happy? Seriously, I dunno. It’s one of the best things ever.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend, whatever you’re up to.
One word: glitter. I’m just throwing that out there. 🙂
Have a great day. Talk to you later.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,