Doctor Fealgud, it’s a Code Brown! The patient needs a cup of coffee, stat! She’s going into a decaffeinated stupor!
With cream and sugar, doctor! WITH CREAM AND SUGAR!
Howzit, ladies? Ye olde mental motor blew a head gasket this morning because I was up late last night watching the new Harry Potter movie.
I won’t post any spoilers (outside of the comments) today, but I will say that this one scared me more than the other ones did. If you’ve seen it, let me what you thought in the comments. I didn’t read the book, and I’d also like to hear what someone who read it has to say. I’ve read some mixed reviews.
Weird… You wouldn’t think that sitting relatively still in a movie theater for a few hours could be as tiring as it appears to have been, judging by my dark circles this morning, but it gives me an excuse, like so many things do, to try new makeup.
I’ve been trying to find a good drugstore concealer, and I picked up this one by Almay last week called Smart Shade with SPF 20 ($9) in Medium. It’s the darkest of the three shades it comes in.
The company claims these change color to match your skin tone when they’re applied. The Medium shade definitely does darken as you work it in, but I can’t tell if it’s just darkening as it dries, or actually responding to my skin tone… Either way, it sure is neat to see it change color on the skin.
After using it a few times this week, I think it’s time to set it aside and get back to shopping. I mean, it’s easy to blend, and I like the color changing aspect, but the Medium shade is lighter than I expected and has pinkish beige undertones that lend a gray cast to my skin. Plus, the coverage is just way too sheer for this brown girl.
If you get real deal Holyfield dark circles, you’ll probably need something more opaque, but if you have good luck with beige/pink face products and only need mild coverage, it’s probably worth a try.
Before you Tom Cruise outta here, we can’t let those good waves go to waste. Are you up for a little Saturday Surfing with me?
Saturday Surfing: Sites I Surfed Today
- International super spies should check out these covert lipstick gadgets
- Two words: bacon lattÃ©
- The Nicki Minaj/MAC lipstick collaboration is on, YES!
- Take your eye looks from yawns to POW with one simple step
- Send dry skin packing with the Votre Vu On Holiday Moisturizing Body Oil Spray
- What the heck is going on with these pointy nails from Illamasqua?
- The Origins Modern Friction Face Scrub caters to ladies (and gents) with sensitive combo skin. I’m there!
- Why it pays to be nice in business
- Help for the hopeless/hapless male holiday shopper: Holiday Gift Guide for Dudes
- The sparkles in the Zoya Fire and Ice holiday collection are so hot you, might need a cold shower
- NP Set does smokey eyes this holiday with their Smoke Signals Eye Palette
- LORAC’s new Visual Effects mascara is making me blue…
Have fun today. 🙂 Tabs says hi.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,