Things of which one can never have enough…
- Good friends
- Cozy sweaters
- See’s Candies (well…)
- Come-hither jeans
- Kitty hugs
- Black shoes
- Love notes
- Power-nap eyeshadows
Power-nap eyeshadows are like soft white lightbulbs for your eyes — shades that instantly brighten up tired peepers after a late night or an insomnia attack.
Some people yearn to scale Mount Everest; I yearn to amass a collection of power-nap eyeshadows so vast that it would scare the hosts of Hoarders!
My latest power-nap love, NARS Cyprus Eyeshadow ($23), is a shimmery bronze with a golden whisper. The morning after a rough night, I apply one layer over my lids and mellow out the edges with a finger.
“Ah!” Instant relief. And quicker than a shower and mani.
I’m also fond of using Cyprus as a base for bronzy looks using colors like the dark bronze shadow from NARS Star Sailor, a combo I could happily wear every day for weeks.
And if you happen to be friends with MAC Sweet Satisfaction, you and Cyprus should really get along. I think the two colors are similar, but Cyprus seems a little more golden to me and a smidgen less peach. I like ’em both a lot and don’t think you could go wrong with either.
Did you hair that?
Yes! Tomorrow can’t come soon enough. I finally have an appointment to get my hair did!
You know how it goes. New year, fresh roots.
‘Course, I still haven’t decided what to do with the cut. Do I go with something shorter, leave Lloyd Christmas alone, or let it grow out? I’ll probably decide at the last minute, as usual.
To cut or not to cut; that is the question. Bob haircut pic on the left from Refinery 29
How do you usually decide what to do with your hair? Do you plan before you arrive at the salon, or just go with your gut?
And in NARS news…
They recently posted a few pics of their spring collection on their Facebook page. A shimmery blue eye pencil, a bronze eyeshadow duo and a bright pink blush — looks like a possible stunner (stay tuned!).
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
The NARS Unsung Heroes series features some of my favorite products from the NARS permanent collection
- NARS Unsung Heroes: Indian Summer Eyeshadow Duo
- NARS Unsung Heroes: Star Sailor Duo Eyeshadow
- NARS Unsung Heroes: Heat Wave Lipstick
- NARS Unsung Heroes: Afghan Red Lipstick
- NARS Unsung Heroes: Mata Hari Blush
- NARS Unsung Heroes: Luster Blush
- NARS Unsung Heroes: Lovejoy Blush
- NARS Unsung Heroes: Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
- NARS Unsung Heroes: Amour Blush
- NARS Unsung Heroes: Gothika Lipgloss
- NARS Unsung Heroes: Cyprus Eyeshadow
- NARS Unsung Heroes: Cairo Eyeshadow
- NARS Unsung Heroes: Red Square Velvet Matte Lip Pencil
- NARS Unsung Heroes: Damned Velvet Matte Lip Pencil
- NARS Unsung Heroes: Taos Blush
- NARS Unsung Heroes: Night Star Eyeshadow
- NARS Unsung Heroes: Madly Blush
- NARS Unsung Heroes: Dolce Vita Lipstick
- NARS Unsung Heroes: Greek Holiday Lipgloss
- NARS Unsung Heroes: The Kalahari Eyeshadow Duo