The Multiple Duo in Portofino/Malibu
When Nars Cosmetics decided they wanted to release some new highlighting and contouring products, where did look for inspiration?
Answer: they looked to one of their most popular products ever, The Multiple, a beauty cult favorite.
I’d been looking forward to trying the new oil-free, cream-to-powder The Multiple Duo ($45) in Portofino/Malibu and The Multiple Bronzer ($37) in Malaysia since they debuted last month, but because I’d never used any of the original The Multiple products, I had no clue how and where to apply ’em!
Thank goodness for Nars National Trainer Janice Daoud. She was nice enough to offer a few of her favorite application tips and tricks
“Whether you’re a minimalist on the go or a makeup diva,” says Janice, “these two products are both beautiful on the skin and easy to use.”
The Multiple Duo ($45)
The Multiple Duo combines two complementary Nars The Multiple Shades in a single compact. The four limited-edition duos include:
- Copacabana/St. Barts: Glistening pearl/taupe shimmer
- Maldives/Riviera: Pink champagne with shimmer/pink
- Portofino/Malibu: Shimmering coral/pinkish brown
- Maui/Palm Beach: Dusty rose/rich bronze
The Multiple Duo Application Tips
- Use your fingers (you’ll get better results than a brush) to apply and blend The Multiple Duo shades.
- Use The Multiple shades to shade and define your cheeks. “To contour,” says Janice, “apply below the cheekbones and blend into the skin.”
- For a glowy look, “highlight the complexion along the cheekbones, and lightly down the bridge of the nose for radiance.”
- To really highlight the cheekbones and get that gorgeous glow, Janice recommends the Copacabana/St. Barts duo.
Swatches of Portofino/Malibu
The Multiple Bronzer ($37)
The Multiple Bronzer in Malaysia
A matte bronzing stick packed with antioxidants, The Multiple Bronzer ($37) bestows a warm, sun-kissed glow (for face and body) and comes in three shades:
- Tuomota: For light to medium complexions with golden yellow undertones
- Malaysia: For medium to dark complexions with red undertones; great for tanned skin
- Rapa Nui: For dark complexions with red undertones
The Multiple Bronzer is a hybrid of two popular Nars products, Bronzing Powder and The Multiple, but isn’t shimmery or dewy. It’s ideal for creating the appearance of tanned skin that doesn’t look overly matte.
Work that Bronzer, Ladies (and Gents)!
- For applying and blending The Multiple Bronzer, Janice again suggests using your fingers.
- New to bronzer? Don’t be scurred. The Multiple Bronzer is practically goof-proof. “Easy blendability makes for mistake-proof application.”
- The Multiple Bronzer works on both face and body.
- Being shimmerless, these are also great for men.
Faking the Glow, One Day at a Time
Both The Multiple Duo and The Multiple Bronzer are great ways to fake that tropical glow all winter long.
The southernmost point in the Continental United States.
Did you catch the Venus/Jupiter conjunction last night? Both planets were visible right next to the moon. So cool. Both will also be visible tonight, with Venus being brighter than Jupiter, so don’t forget to keep looking up! 🙂
A Venus/Jupiter conjunction doesn’t happen very often, so this is a rare treat. Itâ€™s as if the planets cross the same line of longitude in the sky and â€“- for a brief time â€“- beam north and south of one another on the skyâ€™s dome. This conjunction of the two brightest planets wonâ€™t happen again until March of 2012! During this particular Venus and Jupiter conjunction, both brilliant worlds appear just 2 degrees apart. Thatâ€™s about the width of your finger at an arm’s length away.
Hope you’re having a fab Monday!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,