Brick red and berry are bursting at the seams of NARS’ spring 2009 collection.
I’m thinking NARS took a risk with the fall-ish shades in this collection, but you know what they say about risk: it’s the spice of life! Shoot, brick red eyeshadow? That’s all I need to hear.
“My inspiration for spring was a very sexy woman,” explains Francois Nars, Founder and Creative Director of NARS Cosmetics. “I wanted a bit of a ’70s feeling, somewhere between Guy Bourdin and Chris Von Wangenheim’s photographs — aggressive, but very sensual and fragile at the same time.”
It’s a provocative collection, isn’t it? And heavy on face and eye products…
I think it’s time for another installment of WHAT WOULD YOU GET!
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to spend $150 of virtual moolah (or thereabouts) on any combination of products from the NARS spring 2009 collection, and then share your virtual haul in the comments.
- Baby Girl Single Eyeshadow: cotton candy with golden undertones and gold particles, $22
- Grenadines Single Eyeshadow: matte garnet, $22
- Night Sun Single Eyeshadow: bright marigold with gold particles, $22
- Egea Duo Eyeshadow: frosted sage and smoky lilac, $32
- Hula Hula Duo Eyeshadow: strawberry with gold particles and hazelnut with gold glitter particles, $32
- Sweet Revenge Lip Gloss: sheer pink grapefruit, $24
- Shrinagar Lipstick: metallic raspberry, $24
- Vanilla/Honey Duo Concealer: fair complexions, $30
- Custard/Ginger Duo Concealer: light to medium complexions, $30
- Praline/Toffee Duo Concealer: medium to dark complexions, $30
- Hungry Heart Blush Duo: iridescent gold ivory and pink sand with golden sheen, $37
- Orgasm/South Beach Multiple Duo: peachy pink and apricot with shimmer, $45
- Cap Vert Multiple Bronzer: medium to dark complexions with red undertones, $37
OOH! I’ve got Grenadines eyeshadow and Shrinagar lipstick on my list.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,