Spring’s in full bloom at Estee Lauder counters with the new Vivid Garden Collection, a small release featuring a bouquet of classic spring colors in green, peach and pink.
There are shades for girls of every skin color growing in this garden. 🙂
- Duo Tone Pencil in Onyx Pearl ($18.50): This black and white shades in this duo have an opalescent quality to them, with the white seeming to change from white to pink to green and the black going from black to gold to green. Thinking about how hot it would look layered beneath MAC duochrome eyeshadows like Vex and Club has my head spinning.
- Estee Lauder Illuminating Powder ($35): I have a feeling this shimmery pink and gold highlighting powder for cheeks, lips and eyes would look lovely on light-skinned gals with cooler skin tones.
- Orchid Garden Signature Eyeshadow Quad ($35): The green and purple in this set of four shimmery shades are like a fireworks display. The green flashes from green to gold, and the purple goes from gold to purple to fuchsia, BOOM!
- Pure Color Illuminating Gloss in Peach Blossom ($18): A rich metallic coral, this gloss looks like it’ll take tan skin to the next level.
- Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in Crystal Coral ($22): This reddish-coral lipstick shimmers with golden pearl. I bet it looks hot with a khaki or bronze eye.
- Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Peach Blossom ($18): Two Estee Lauder makeup artists raved about how this sheer peach with flecks of pink and gold glitter looks great layered on top of gold nail polish.
- Duo Tone Pencil in Onyx Pearl
- Estee Lauder Illuminating Powder
- Orchid Garden Signature Eyeshadow Quad
- Pure Color Illuminating Gloss in Peach Blossom
- Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Peach Blossom
Coral lip colors are totally my thing. I’m so lusting after this lipstick and gloss, BIG TIME!
To spice things up even more, Nordstrom stores are carrying a few additional Vivid Garden products unique to their stores — an eyeshadow quad, a lipstick, lipgloss and a nail polish. The Nordstrom items add some slightly warmer colors to the mix.
Melting your brain since the dawn of TV
Tabs and I up were up late last night, channel surfing to find top quality brain liquefying television.
VH1 is making it REALLY EASY these days. Have you seen For the Love of Ray J? It’s a reality dating show.
You know how some people are connoisseurs of fine wine? Well, I think I’m like that but with cheesy reality dating shows. Ray J (who happens to be pop singer Brandy’s brother) is no Flavor Flav or Bret Michaels — that’s all I can say. He’s cute, sure… but I think he’s missing that special reality dating weird factor that it takes to make a hit show.
Sigh. Do you remember the days before reality TV? Back when sitcoms ruled the airwaves?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,