The last time I felt this frosty was about 10 years ago when I almost finished an entire jar of Betty Crocker Vanilla Frosting during an all-night Sex and the City-watching marathon.
What can I say? The Aiden years make me stress eat. Carrie should’ve ended up with him…
Anywho, the frostiness. There’s lots of it in MAC’s new Divine Night holiday collection — lots of frosty finishes.
The MAC Divine Night Mineralize Eye Shadows, clockwise from the purple pan in the lower left:
- Past Midnight — blackish purple with a violet pearl base on the outside, and a soft white with pink frost on the inside
- Gilded Night — bright gold with a silver pearl base on the outside, and a black with pearl on the inside
- Captivating — a bright white gold base on the outside, and a deep gold on the inside
- Tonight’s Temptation — black with pearl base on the outside, and a royal blue on the inside
- Exquisite Ego — bronze base on the outside, and soft white champagne on the inside
Clockwise from the light pink pan in the lower left:
- Centre of Attention — a pastel peach pink with pink shimmer on the outside, and a 24K gold shimmer on the inside
- Perfectly Poised — a bronzy coral with golden tones on the outside, and a creamy beige with a pinkish purple sheen on the inside
- Scene to Be Seen — a mauve with a pink sheen on the outside, and a brick rose with golden reflects on the inside
The MAC Divine Night Mineralize Blushes, clockwise from the plum pan on the bottom:
- Lavish Living — a violet with a silver pearl base with golden pearl and a Satin finish
- Talk of the Town — a warm brown base with yellow bronze and a Satin finish
- Lured to Love — a coral pink base with pink frost and a Satin finish
The MAC Divine Night Fluidlines, clockwise from the purple pot:
- Macroviolet — a deep smoked violet with reddish pearl
- Deliciously Rich — a shimmering dirty taupe
- Stares & Speculation — a dirty olive with golden pearl
The MAC Divine Night Lipsticks from the left:
- Prepare for Pleasure — a clean magenta red with a Cremesheen finish
- Private Party — a dirty plum mauve with a Satin finish
- You’ve Got It — a pink undertone with gold frost and a Frost finish
- Exclusive Event — a taupe brown with a Satin finish
- Flair for Finery — a cool pink nude with a Lustre finish
The MAC Divine Night Cremesheen Glasses from top to bottom:
- Flair for Finery — a cool nude
- Prepare for Pleasure — a blueish red
- Private Party — a plum mauve with pearl
I love the shiny stuff… Really anything that reflect lots o’ light. It must be a primitive cave girl need to collect bright, shiny things.
But my pores! My pores! They’re a little worried about some of the blushes and Mineralize Skinfinishes. I think I’m going to have to do some major priming before applying them. Either that, or bust out a Cher move and turn back time to the kinder, gentler days when my pores weren’t an issue for me.
The Divine Night collection is available now on MAC counters and online.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. I hope your week got off to a good start. My day was…a little rough. I actually dropped my camera (THE HORROR!). I was going up the stairs with it in my hand when I felt a pinch in my back, like a sharp pain (my back’s been bothering me for a couple days), and when I flinched, the camera slipped out of my hand.
And it broke (silver lining: at least it didn’t fall on my foot). So now I’m using my old camera while my main one gets repaired.
Needless to say, I’ve had slightly better Mondays before.
Buuuuut, at least this one’s over (YAY!). Onward to Tuesday.