I’m busting’ out the air quotes for this one.
“Blurs the line between real skin and makeup.”
Seriously, there was no conceivable way I was going to be able to walk away from this display in Sephora yesterday for the new Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide foundation ($48 for a 1-oz. tube) without taking one of them with me.
I mean, I tried. I told myself, “Step away, Karen. Just slowly step back, and then turn to the left and walk.”
But it didn’t happen. I guess it wasn’t in the cards.
I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this (of course I have), but I’ve been a little obsessed lately with finding a new foundation. I want one that gets me as close as possible to flawless, natural-looking coverage that doesn’t look heavy on my skin…or like I dunked my face into a wedding cake.
Laura’s always great about including a wide range of shade options, and that also applies here. The thin, almost watery formula (feels a lot like MAC Face & Body and Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua to me) comes in 24 shades.
The entire Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluid foundation line includes…
- Shell: very fair with cool undertones
- Crème: very fair with neutral undertones
- Vanille: very fair with neutral/slightly warm undertones
- Ivory: very fair with warm undertones
- Ecru: light with cool undertones
- Cashew: light with neutral/slightly warm undertones
- Linen: light with neutral/slightly cool undertones
- Macadamia: light with warm undertones
- Butterscotch: light with warm undertones
- Buff: light-medium with cool undertones
- Dune: light-medium with neutral/slightly cool undertones
- Honey: light-medium with neutrals/slightly warm undertones
- Dusk: light-medium with warm undertones
- Golden: light-medium with warm undertones
- Suntan: medium with slightly cool and neutral undertones
- Praline: medium with neutral undertones
- Maple: medium with warm undertones
- Chai: medium with warm undertones
- Nutmeg: medium-deep with cool undertones
- Pecan: medium-deep with neutral undertones
- Amber: medium deep with warm undertones
- Chestnut: deep with cool undertones
- Truffle: deep with neutral undertones
- Espresso: deep with warm undertones
Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide foundation.
I gotta say, that “e” there at the end of that word is kind of drivin’ me nuts, and if I weren’t so excited about the product, I’d probably obsess (you know me). 🙂
At any rate, the natural-looking matte finish is designed to even out the skin and downplay your pores. It’s also supposed to stand up to high humidity, perspiration and summer thundershowers for up to 12 hours.
The Sephora artist who helped me said to give the bottle a good shake (apparently, this is very important). Then apply it with fingers, and blend with a Beauty Blender.
I may or may not have ripped open the box like the Hulk rips through walls when I arrived at home with Chai, the shade recommend to me by the Sephora + Pantone Color IQ system.
I’ve just started wearing it today, but so far — hot dayum! I’m impressed. I can’t believe how lightweight it is, and my thuggish pores look less gangsta than usual.
I’m crossing every one of my fingers and toes. I hope I can say oui to Fluide. I hope it delivers le goods.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,