After checking out the new MAC Dazzleglasses this morning, I swung by the Laura Mercier counter for a quick look at Bohemia, her new color collection for cheeks, eyes and lips.
It was rainy and gloomy outside, but Bohemia’s shimmery bronzes, blues and corals made my Thursday feel like a clear summer day.
The shades evoked memories of lazy days spent lounging on Waikiki Beach with El Hub. I could almost smell the salt water and suntan lotion in the air…
Laura Mercier Bohemia collection display
Mediterranean Sea Eye Mosaic
Sahara Sun Eye Mosaic
From left to right: Black Navy, Black Turquoise and Black Gold Eye Kohls
Moroccan Bronze Illuminating Powder
From left to right: Coral, Boho Bronze, Spiced lipsticks
- Moroccan Bronze Illuminating Powder ($35): Four shimmery shades of brown and bronze to be worn separately or swirled together
- Mediterranean Sea Eye Mosaic ($35): shimmery indigo blue, shimmery turquoise, shimmery golden brown, shimmery pale gold
- Sahara Sun Eye Mosaic ($35): shimmery bronze, shimmery gold, shimmery peach, shimmery pink
- Shimmer Lip Colour in Coral ($22): shimmery golden coral
- Shimmer Lip Colour in Boho Bronze ($22): shimmery plummy bronze
- Shimmer Lip Colour in Spiced ($22): shimmery pinkish brown
- Black Navy Eye Kohl ($19): shimmery indigo blue
- Black Turquoise Eye Kohl ($19): shimmery dark turquoise
- Black Gold Eye Kohl ($19): shimmery golden black
The lust list…
I *really* want the Mediterranean Sea Eye Mosaic. The shadows apply with a concentrated color, and the texture feels soft and buttery — methinks they’ll blend smoothly and without any effort at all.
I can totally see this quad lookin’ banging layered on top of a deep indigo cream shadow like Estee Lauder’s Double Wear ShadowCreme in Blue Velvet. Oh la la!
All three lipsticks tempted me too. They looked really shiny when I swatched them, almost like glosses. I can totally see myself wearing any of the three shades while sipping on a margarita at a beachside bar.
I so have summer on my mind…
This weekend I hope to go back and play with them a little bit more, but so far, I like what I see!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,