Greetings, fellow citizens of the world! This morning I experimented with the Lancome Holiday 2008 C’est Manifique makeup collection for this subtle brown and purple eye.
I took Glamour Premiere Eye Shadow Quad ($42), one of the two limited edition C’est Manifique holiday palettes, and paired it with a dark red lip using In All Her Splendor ($18), one of five limited edition Ultra Shiny Juicy Tube lipglosses from the collection.
Earlier today I walked by a fire station out here; all the fire dudes were outside washing the truck. I couldn’t help thinking how glad I was to be wearing lipgloss, LOL! I loves me some El Hub, but I gotta say there’s just something hot about dudes washing fire trucks…
From left to right: In All Her Splendor, Pinkee, First Take, Camera Queen, Beauty Brown
- First, I primed my lids by applying a thin layer of Too Faced Shadow Insurance over the entire lid.
- Next, I patted Camera Queen (a shimmery light purple) onto the lid with a Sonia Kashuk Large Eye Shadow Brush.
- Using the same brush, I applied Pinkee (a shimmery beige) onto the brow bone.
- Then, with a MAC 217 blending brush, I swept First Take (a shimmery taupe) into the crease.
- For a smokey effect, I applied Beauty Brown (a shimmery, cool bronzy brown) into the outer v and along the lower lash line with a MAC 239 eyeshadow brush.
- With Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof eyeliner in Noir, I lined both the upper and lower water lines.
- To finish the eyes, I curled my lashes and added two coats of Lancome Virtuose mascara in black.
- Step One: Smile a big cheesy smile in the mirror, and then use a MAC 129 blush brush to sweep two layers of Lancome Blush Subtil in Bronze Escapade (a shimmery warm brown) onto the apples of your cheeks.
- This was the easiest part! I just applied a small amount of All Her Splendor from the tube directly onto my lips (a single layer).
I dig both of these items. The four Glamour Premiere palette shadows work well together. I think they’d even work well for simple washes over the eye, like for really quick day looks.
Next time I wear ‘em I think I’ll try layering a rich brown eye pencil beneath Brown Beauty and Camera Queen for a brown and purple smokey eye…
OOH! If you’re more into red, you gotta check out In All Her Splendor next time you hit a Lancome counter. It’s sheer and glamorous and very nicely done.
This doe was all “BINGO!” when she found some tasty red flowers and berries today. I had to pull over and snap her picture.
NOTE: If you ever stop in the middle of the street to take pictures of deer, people in other cars will look at you strangely.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,