That’s a lotta shine for $2.99!
Heh, I made a rhyme…
“Shine” was the first word that sprang to mind when I tried the new Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stains.
The second was, “daayyuuum!”
But that was more of an exclamatory sound than an actual word…
The new line of budget-friendly beauties recently landed on drugstore shelves, and essentially, they look like Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tints, only they cost $3 instead of $24.
That’s a BIG difference, yo.
In a nutshell…
- They come in eight shades.
- Like Tarte’s Lip Tints, they start with a bang! — applying like a glossy lip balm that fades slowly to a quiet stain…
- They last about 2-3 hours.
- Made in the USA.
- They’re pretty blasted moisturizing.
- Outfitted with a twist-up, retractable crayon for easy application.
- The packaging colors correspond to the shades, which makes finding the right color easy in a crowded makeup bag.
- They have a smooth, lightweight, non-sticky formula.
- To my nose, they smell like Red Jolly Ranchers (which I love!) — but the scent isn’t obnoxiously strong.
- They also have a slightly waxy taste to ’em that lingers longer than I’d like… It actually makes my tum slightly gurgle, but hey, they’re only $2.99…
I’m really diggin’ these, especially for that price. They don’t claim to be as natural as Tarte, but they also cost a lot less, too. In fact, you could get all eight of these colors for the price of one from Tarte.
Not bad at all. They’re nice to have around when you want to wear a little color on your lips but don’t want anything that looks or feels heavy.
If you’re thinking about bringing one of them home, I suggest one of the deeper, brighter colors. I think they’re more distinct and pigmented than the neutrals…which all look kind of similar to me.
PRICE:Â $2.99 each
AVAILABILITY:Â Available now online and at your favorite drugstores
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A-
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,