The gorgeous gadgeteers at Urban Decay headquarters know that technology plus makeup equals fun, so they engineered a little something special for us with their latest limited edition Book of Shadows: Volume IV ($64).
This installment in the storied line comes with plenty of makeup, as well as five QR (Quick Response) codes that you can plug into your iPhone or Android phone to access five online video tutorials featuring products from the palette.
The Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. IV ($64) comes with…
- 16 eyeshadows (10 new and exclusive to the palette)
- One full-size 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion
- One travel-size Supercurl Curling Mascara
- One travel-size Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- One small external speaker that can be used in place of your phone’s internal speaker
- Card with the five QR codes and instructions on how to use them to access the five tutorial vids from your smartphone (I watched part of the “Naked” one featuring the palette’s neutral shades)
- Cables to connect the small speaker to your phone by its headphone jack
The palette’s a holiday release, so it won’t be available for a while (I’m trying to pin down the exact date), but here are a few pictures and swatches to wet your whistle.
Swatches from the left: Blue Bus, Gunmetal, Cobra and Baked
Bender, Gravity, Lost and Hijack
Midnight Cowgirl, Sin, Midnight Rodeo and Crystal
Bust, Missionary, Skimp and Zephyr
24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion, Supercurl Curling Mascara and Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Stay tuned for some looks and reviews over the next week or so, but until then, what do ya think? Trippy packaging, right? The colors seem very Urban Decay. The green shade called Bender reminds me of Futurama, yay! 🙂 I’ve also got my eye on shimmery teal Hijack (exciting!) and, of course, I love all of the neutrals along the bottom row.
Have you ever used QR codes on your phone before? For a makeup brand, it seems like an innovative idea.
Speaking of lovely things…
Have you seen or sniffed the new Narciso Rodriguez Essence in Color Eau de Parfum ($84 for a 1.6-oz. bottle)? It’s a warm white floral with notes of amber, tiare flower and musk — quite delicate and ladylike. I’m in love.
It arrives on Saks Fifth Avenue counters next month.
Anywho, how was the rest of your Wednesday? What are you up to tonight?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,