What’s up, ladies! Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict has returned to the land of the living. The food poisoning I was suffering from yesterday has finally left the building. Thank gawd, because I can say with certainty there’s absolutely NO WAY to look cute when you’re projectile vomiting. Nope, none.
In makeup news, my fellow Clinique fans, if you’re planning to stock up on any Clinique goods, mark your beauty booty calender for May 20 because Nordstrom Clinique counters nationwide (and Nordie’s online) will be offering a special Trina Turk for Clinique gift set with purchases of $25 or more.
The set, Clinique’s second collaboration with designer Trina Turk, includes a groovy, ’70s-inspired bag designed by Trina along with seven (!) of her favorite things from Clinique (a $65 value):
- Lash Doubling Mascara in Black: A thickening, glossy black mascara
- Different Lipstick in Tenderheart: A sheer, creamy brownish pink lipstick great for nude lip looks
- Blushwear Cream Stick in Rosy Blush: A creamy, neutral pink blush that’s easy to apply and blend
- Superfit Makeup liquid foundation: A long-wearing, oil-free foundation with medium to full coverage and a matte finish
- Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion: A moisturizing lotion for all skin types
- Colour Surge Eyeshadow in Sunburst: A coordinated pair of shimmery eyeshadows in shimmery beige and shimmery coral
- Take the Day off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes and Lips: An oil-based makeup remover for everything from waterproof mascara to long-wear lipstick
Colour Surge Eyeshadow in Sunburst
Blushwear Cream Stick in Rosy Blush
Different Lipstick in Tenderheart
Take the Day Off Makeup Remover
Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion
Lash Doubling Mascara in Black
Swatches from left to right: Tenderheart Lipstick, Rosy Blush, shimmery beige from the Sunburst duo, shimmery coral from the Sunburst duo, Lash Doubling Mascara in Black
The coral, rose and pink colors in this set seem subtle, and when worn together the overall look feels natural, fresh and youthful. Classic Clinique.
Wearing Tenderheart lipstick, Rosy Blush, Sunburst Eyeshadow Duo and Lash Doubling Mascara
Looks created with the lip, eye and cheek products won’t look overdone, and I think the set would make a great gift for a younger cousin, daughter or niece who’s new to makeup.
Of course, you could keep it for yourself, too! Ain’t no shame in that game.
Tabbies are the best medicine
When I wasn’t in the bathroom yesterday revisiting Monday’s now-infamous pork bun, I was passed out on the couch.
Even though it was sunny outside and he could’ve been out chasing butterflies, Tabs stayed home to keep me company. El Hub snapped this picture when we weren’t looking.
How’s your Wednesday going? Anything exciting to report?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,