There I was, just minding my own business in front of the house yesterday, enjoying a brief respite from the recent rains and daydreaming about some of my favorite fall noms, like candy corn, pumpkin pie and mashed potatoes (Mmm… gravy), when it hit me: CRAP! I have a ton of stuff to do this month.
Summer lulled me into a trap, and now I’m paying the price. I spent so much time lounging around, lapping up the sunshine and generally doing everything at a slightly slower pace that now I feel unprepared for fall.
BAM! Now there are cat costumes to find, pumpkins to carve, presents to buy, cards to send and recipes to perfect before Thanksgiving. This fall, if you’re trying to make the most of your budget and your time (while saving up for your cat’s Christmas present), look no further than these beauty bargains for eyes, cheeks and lips.
- Jordana Easyliner Retractable Eye Liner Pencils ($1.99) — Shave minutes from your morning routine with these creamy, pigmented pencil liners. They’re twist-ups, so no sharpening required. For a quick smokey look that lasts, I’ll line my lash and water lines with my favorite shade, Eggplant (a dark purplish brown), and smudge out the edges with a Q-Tip or brush.
- Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover ($6.99) — Sauron says, “It’s the drugstore eye makeup remover to rule them all!” Rimmel Extra Gentle whisks away makeup like an Olympic sprinter, and it even works without rinsing. I use it all the time to remove excess mascara on my lids (which seems to happen, like, every morning!).
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Custom Glow Blush & Bronzer ($12.99) — I’ve been a huge fan of these powder duos forever! Each of the four pans — Raisin Glow, Posie Glow, Natural Glow and Rosy Glow — comes with an easy-to-blend blush and a bronzer, side by side, so no more having to hunt and peck for your cheek products. I feel like my favorite of the bunch, Rosy Glow, lights up my complexion without looking overdone.
- Wet n Wild ColorIcon Lipliner in 666 Brandywine ($0.99) — No joke, but I’ve had at least one stick of this shimmery wine liner in my makeup stash for at least 15 years. At less than a buck, it’s the dictionary definition of bargain beauty. Not only does it cost less than a cappuccino, it doesn’t dry out my lips, and it resists fading and feathering for hours. For a polished, quick lip look, I’ll line and fill in my lips with Brandywine before applying a lip balm on top. Easy chic!
- L’Oreal Infallible Gloss ($9.99) — Not a lover of lip liners? — then these pigmented, long-wearing lip glosses might be a great option for you. Especially if you like to set it and forget it, as in putting on your makeup in the morning and not having to think about it for the rest of the day.
They’re sticky, so if it’s windy out yonder way, you may have to contend with stray hairs getting caught in your lips, but you won’t have to reapply for hours. And hours. I get between four to six hours out of them, and they come in a bunch of groovy colors.
This fall, I’ve been loving Admiration, a sheer creamy nude from L’Oreal’s limited edition Color Hope collection.
Clockwise from the bottom: Jordana Easyliner in Eggplant, Wet n Wild Lipliner in 666 Brandywine, L’Oreal Infallible Gloss in Admiration, Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover, and Neutrogena Healthy Skin Custom Glow Blush & Bronzer in Rosy Glow
Swatches from the left: Jordana Easyliner in Eggplant, Wet n Wild Lipliner in 666 Brandywine, L’Oreal Infallible Gloss in Admiration, Blush and Bronzer from Neutrogena Healthy Skin Custom Glow Blush & Bronzer in Rosy Glow
Wearing Jordana Easyliner in Eggplant on lash and waterlines, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Custom Glow Blush & Bronzer in Rosy Glow on cheeks and Wet n Wild Lipliner in 666 Brandywine and L’Oreal Infallible Gloss in Admiration on lips
This fall look fly, polished and put together, no matter what.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
Don’t miss these other posts in the Fall in Love with Your Skin series…