Whoa, what’s this? A holiday collection that actually looks like a holiday collection?!?
Dior decided not to break with tradition while they broke away from the pack with a classic holiday color palette in shades of gold, black, gray and pink. They must have figured they’d leave the springy holiday stuff to their luxury counterparts (Chanel and Dolce & Gabbana) this time around.
Good call. 🙂
Four of the nine items in the collection (available now in stores) are palettes. Palettes have been playing a big role this season, and it looks like they also were over at Dior HQ.
Here’s a quick look at both of the eyeshadow quints and a pricing/availability breakdown of everything in the release:
The Dior Holiday 2010 Collection
- Dior Minaudiere palette in Pink Golds ($80, available at all Dior counters)
- Dior Minaudiere palette in Grey Golds ($80, available at Saks Fifth Avenue)
- Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Five Golds #001 ($58.00, available at Dior counters and Sephora)
- Dior 5-Colour Iridescent in Endless Shine #529 ($58.00, available at Dior counters)
- Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen in Gold Edition ($36.00, available at Dior counters and Sephora)
- Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss in Pink Stiletto # 234 ($27, available at Dior counters)
- Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss in Black Lame #992 ($27, available at Sephora)
- Dior Vernis in Czarina Gold #916 ($21, available at Dior counters)
- Dior Vernis in Timeless Gold #226 ($21.00, available at Dior counters and Sephora)
Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Five Golds #001
Dior 5-Colour Iridescent in Endless Shine #529
Swatches of Five Golds #001 on NC35 skin
Swatches of Endless Shine #529
Endless Shine swatches on left; Five Golds on right
Detailed reviews and FOTDs coming soon, but what’s your take on the overall color palette? Do you like that Dior decided to go a traditional route?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,