I must confess: I have a kindergarten crush on the new Dior Golds 569 palette. Actually, I have room in my heart for all five of the colors in the new Dior quint, but my favorite is khaki. Today I paired it with MAC Soba eyeshadow (in the crease ) to create a brown and khaki daytime eye.
Dior me, baby!
For the above look I used…
Over the entire eye
– Too-Faced Shadow Insurance Primer
– Beige shade from Dior Golds 569 palette
– MAC Soba eyeshadow
– Khaki shade from Dior Golds 569 palette
– Gold shade from Dior Golds 569 palette
Upper lash line
– MAC Fluidline liner in Graphic Brown
Lower lash line
– MAC Technakohl Liner in Brownborder smudged with bronze shade from Dior Golds 569 palette
– Shu Uemura Precise Volume Mascara in black
– MAC Concrete eyeshadow
– Dior Long-Wearing Moisturizing Concealer in 430
– Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder #2
– Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer in Almond
– Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
– Dior Golden Dior Luminizing Makeup Jewel
– MAC Sunbasque blush
– MAC Her Fancy lipstick
– Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss in Coral Lame 337
Dior put together some highly pigmented, shimmery shadows for the 569 palette. I took extra care not to over-apply because I wanted a subtle look I could wear to work. That’s also why I went with MAC Soba in the crease, to help tone everything down. If you’re aiming for a bigger, bolder evening version of this same look, all you’d have to do is replace MAC Soba with something a little richer, like either the brown or bronze shades from the Golds 569 palette. Whaddaya think?
Happy Monday, cuties! What kind of day have you been having? Mine has been a’ight so far. I’m heading off to work in a few.
Keep on keepin’ on, ya’ll!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,