It’s gonna be on like Donkey Kong when MAC’s Cult of Cherry collection arrives this fall. I’m gonna be all over those rich chocolates, purples and reds.
I think everything in the collection looks sophisticated and very wearable, and I’m FREAKING OUT over the beautiful color combos possible with each of the three quads.
MAC Cult of Cherry Quads
Spiced Chocolate Quad ($36)
- Nanogold: Sheer yellow pink with pink pearl (frost)
- Brash: Frosty reddish copper (veluxe pearl)
- Spiced Chocolate: Dirty deep reddish brown (matte)
- Sweet Chestnut: Frosted cranberry (frost)
Tempting Quad ($36)
- Next to Nothing: Sheer yellow beige with pink pearl (frost)
- Sharp: Frosty bright yellow gold (satin)
- Dark Edge: Dirty chocolate brown (satin)
- Tempting: Rich coco (lustre)
Shadowy Lady Quad ($36)
- Light Fall: Dirty light pink (satin)
- Smudge Violet: Frosty blackened lavender with multi-dimensional pearl (frost)
- Deep Truth: Very dark blue (frost)
- Shadowy Lady: Darkly veiled plum (matte)
MAC Cult of Cherry Lipsticks
And it doesn’t stop there. Don’t the lipsticks look divine?
- CrÃ¨me Cerise: Sheer yellow taupe (lustre)
- Lightly Ripe: Sheer mid-tone pink (lustre)
- Russian Red: Intense bluish red (matte)
- “O”: Intense purplish red with metallic gold (frost)
- So Scarlet: Clean grape burgundy (amplified)
MAC rarely does wrong in my book. I love almost everything they release, but I’ve thought that several of their recent collections have been more geared toward a younger, teen audience. While releases like Naughty Nauticals, Fafi and Dazzleglass were colorful and cheeky … hot pinks, glittery glosses and teal blue eye shadows may be a bit too TRL for some.
Don’t get me wrong — I lurve fun makeup colors, but I’ve been eager for MAC to release another collection with a slightly more polished, sophisticated feel.
From the promo pics, Cult of Cherry has a 40s-bombshell-with-an-edge vibe. They make me want to bust out my fall boots, slip into a vintage dress and wrap myself up in a knee-length coat. *swoon*
I bet you’ll find me at the MAC counter with glazed eyes and drool hanging off my chin when Cult of Cherry actually arrives. Be there with me, sista?
Speaking of cherries, I used to rock out to the cult of Neneh Cherry back in the late-80s, LOL.
“We always hang in a buffalo stance…
We do the dive every time we dance”
Yup, I still know all the words, LOLOL.
How’s it going today? Have you been busy? I’ve been holding down the fort at work all by my lonesome this week, and I’m really looking forward to the weekend. I’m determined to do something fun, dammit!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,