Current mysteries plaguing my life…
- Why does Tabs meow, desperately, for food when his food bowl is still halfway filled? I know you’re always hungry, Tabs, but you can’t be THAT hungry. Is it out of worry/concern? You just don’t want to take any chances?
- If Fifty Shades of Grey were made into a movie, how awkward would it be to have to sit through it with my parents? (I’m guessing pretty awkward.)
- I want an app like Siri that I can tell all of my problems to, and it answers every one of them with a perfect solution…because my Magic 8 Ball just isn’t cutting it anymore.
- Why is binging on television so satisfying? I’ve watched half of the entire first season of House of Cards on Netflix in two days and man! — it’s almost as satisfying as eating an entire tub of HÃ¤agen-Dazs.
- Is there, in fact, a mystery behind the Chanel MystÃ¨re Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eye Shadow quad? Did Karl have to, like, go incognito or something to track down the secret ingredients? For some reason, I can see him working crazy wigs and disguises, a la Sydney Bristow in Alias.
And now, Chanel MystÃ¨re…
I wore it when I visited my in-laws in Redding last week, and I’ll say this right now: when I layer MystÃ¨re on top of my good ol’ NARS Pro-Prime, it’s the sh*t in terms of wear time, because Redding is hella hot, like 150 degrees in the shade, yo, like “Oh, mah gerd! I’m stuck in a microwave oven!”
And even though it felt like the heat was doing a number on my makeup, MystÃ¨re didn’t fade or crease from dawn till dusk.
Wear time? BOMB.
I like this quad, especially the way it looks on cool-toned gals who dig grays. On me, I think it seems a little awkward by itself, and I have to use some tricks to make it work, like by starting with a yellowish base like MAC Ochre Paint Pot and then mixing in a warm orangey brown like MAC Soft Brown into my crease.
When I do both of those things, which I did in these pics, the warmer colors transition into the cool grays and taupes, making them appear less harsh on my warm tan, but when I don’t, the gray/taupe undertones — of which there are plenty here, as even the light gold has a hint of gray in it — look chalky.
If you’re a guy/doll with a warmer skin tone, unless you’re willing to add in some extra colors, you might end up primarily using MystÃ¨re as a liner.
That’s my favorite way to wear it, truth be told. The three darker colors (the satin grayish taupe, dark grayish khaki with golden shimmer, and the medium grayish khaki) are special “something-something” colors, great for times when you want to wear something dark, but not black, and want softly defined lash lines.
Actually, I watched The Wolverine last weekend, and Viper, the main bad gal/villainess, wore this really beautiful green cat eye that I think the darkest shade in the MystÃ¨re quad could create.
NOTE TO SELF: If you ever become a villainess — because let’s face it, the bad gals always get the most interesting hair, makeup and shoes — don’t forget to bring along Chanel MystÃ¨re if/when you have to travel to your secret underground lair.
With colors that probably work best on cooler skin tones, wear time that can’t be beat, shadows that blend like a dream and never look caked-on or heavy, and minimal fallout (a little, but not enough to make it unbearable), MystÃ¨re Like most Chanel quads, MystÃ¨re werks.
It is really expensive, though, but it may be worth it if you love grays/taupes and Chanel.
Tabs has been uncharacteristically snuggly since I got back from Redding on Saturday, and it’s been glorious! He hasn’t been this sweet to me in ages. He usually demands some lurvies first thing in the morning, then once or twice through the day, and then right around 10:30 p.m. for dinner, but he’s been all about the K-Dawg 24/7.
He’s done things that he hasn’t since he was a kitten, like nap in my lap and sleep on top of my chest for 30 minutes at a time.
I’m telling myself not to get too used to it…but I’m enjoying it while it lasts.
Are your pets extra cuddly for a while when you return home from a trip?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,