Letters to Coco
Introducing part one of a three-part series of posts titled “Letters to Coco,” a series of letters written in the summer of 2014 from me to my best friend (in my head), Coco Chanel. In this first letter, which features summer collection standouts Mirabella Nail Polish and Sunny Glossimer, we’re planning our upcoming summer trip.
My dearest Coco,
Orange you glad we’re BFFs!? Because, seriously, how else would you get the inside scoop on happenings in the crazy cat lady community? You’d be lost without me, LOL!
I miss you so much! It’s been forever since we hung out. How has your summer been so far? Mine’s been nothing short of epic. EPIC!
I’ve been traveling a lot for work because of Tabs. He’s had a ton of modeling gigs lately and, lucky for me, most of them have been in tropical parts of the world.
I’m actually writing this to you from the Four Seasons in Bora Bora right meow.
I was thinking about you because all of the fancy fashionistas here keep asking about Mirabella, that luscious orange nail polish from your summer collection.
It hasn’t left my tips or toes once this trip, and everyplace I’ve been, at least one person has stopped to ask me about it. “OMG! What are you wearing on your nails!?” I raise my chin proudly and proclaim, “It’s from my BFF, Coco. It’s part of her summer Reflets D’Ete de Chanel summer 2014 collection.”
Then, while their brains are still frozen, I add, “It’s so pigmented that you only need one coat.” 🙂
I’ve been wearing it with Sunny, the sheer jelly orange Glossimer also from your summer collection.
SUCH a good idea to mix and match the nail polishes and glosses in this collection, Coco! I love that if I want I can match my lips to my nails.
I know that some of the so-called “style mavens” out there pooh-pooh the idea of matching lips and nails, but I don’t care. I think it kinda rocks. Plus, orange is totally having a moment right now.
You’re so good at being trendy! That’s something I’ve always admired about you. That, and your ability to put together a fierce outfit. 🙂
Anyway, though, because the gloss is so sheer and shiny, it’s not a full-on match, ya know? It’s still a little different than the nail polish.
Gah! My phone is blowing up again. The boss wants me to get him lunch and book him a massage, so I should probably get back to work.
Write back soon! We need to start planning our trip. What do you say about surfing this time? San Diego? Or maybe Hawaii again? I could possibly visit you on your side of the pond, maybe the South of France or Northern Italy, but I’ll need to put in my vacation request ASAP if that’s going to happen.
Let me know what your schedule’s like, and I’ll put together a couple of itineraries.
Love ya, always,
The 16-piece Chanel Collection Reflets D’Ete de Chanel Summer 2014 collection includes…
- Le Blush Creme de Chanel in Cheeky, a rose with bronze tint ($38, limited edition)
- Illusion D’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Mirage, a bronze ($36, permanent)
- Illusion D’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Utopia, a luminous Lavender ($36, limited edition)
- Illusion D’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in New moon, an iridescent copper ($36, limited edition)
- Inimitable Waterproof Mascara in Violet Touch, a purple with golden shimmer ($30, limited edition)
- Inimitable Waterproof Mascara in Orange Touch, a orange with golden shimmer ($30, limited edition)
- Style Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Ambre Dore, a gold ($32, permanent)
- Levres Scinteillantes Glossimer in Hello, a jelly light rose ($29.50, limited edition)
- Levres Scinteillantes Glossimer in Sexy, a jelly light fuchsia ($29.50, permanent)
- Levres Scinteillantes Glossimer in Happy, a jelly coral ($29.50, permanent)
- Levres Scinteillantes Glossimer in Sunny, a jelly orange ($29.50, permanent)
- Le Vernis Nail Colour in Eastern Light, a white beige ($27, limited edition)
- Le Vernis Nail Colour in Sweet Lilac, a lilac ($27, limited edition)
- Le Vernis Nail Colour in Pink Tonic, a fuchsia ($27, limited edition)
- Le Vernis Nail Colour in Tutti Frutti, a soft coral ($27, permanent)
- Le Vernis Nail Colour in Mirabella, an orange ($27, limited edition)