Happy Hump Day, gals! Have y’all done any Sephora Friends and Family hauling yet (using code FF2009 for 20% off online purchases from now through November 2)? MBB reader DJ needs some help generating ideas. Can you help? 🙂
What with the friends and family sale happening at Sephora now, do you have any recommendations? I know the main things I’d like to stock up on, but there are little items, like a really good hand cream or brush set, that I’d love your input on. Thanks!
Sure thing! Here’s a list of some of my Sephora makeup and beauty faves (en lieu of just saying, “I want everything in the entire store!”)…
- LORAC Front of the Line Pro ($22): Drawing crisp, dark lines is easy-peasy with this fantastic liquid pen liner.
- Benefit Bad Gal Waterproof Liner ($20): This black pencil liner applies smooth and dark, and the color stays put through sweaty workout, too.
- Stila Smudge Pot in Kitten ($20): This pale pink shimmery cream shadow also doubles as a liner.
- Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara ($14): LOVE this mascara! It. Does. EVERYTHING â€” separates, thickens and lengthens â€” all while delivering loads of rich, glossy color (without the clumping), and it does it all while holding a killer curl.
- Urban Decay Super Stash Glide-On Pencils ($36): Nine mini-eye pencils come in this holiday set.
- Make Up For Ever False Lashes ($14): With over 50 styles to choose from, the Make Up For Ever Lash Bar has lashes for just about every occasion.
- Benefit Coralista ($28): I love this shimmery coral powder.
- Philosophy Lit From Within Cream Blush ($23): Not only does this cream blush apply and blend like a dream (I use my fingers), it stays put for hours on either bare skin or atop foundation.
- Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Excite ($23): This finely-milled blush feel just like buttah and melts seamlessly into my skin.
NARS Blush in Mounia ($25): Mounia looks scary in its pan, but it actually delivers a bright yet natural, just-pinched flush.(Note: Oops, Sephora no longer sells Mounia. Thanks to eagle-eyed MBB readers Angelica and Alyssa for pointing it out. Instead, consider NARS Orgasm/Laguna duo ($36) or NARS The Multiple Duo Orgasm/South Beach ($45).
- Stila Hydrating Finishing Powder ($32): This moisturizing powder feels light and weightless, and I can wear it all day long without feeling like I have makeup sitting on top of my skin.
- Shiseido Pureness Oil-Control Blotting Paper ($17): These travel-friendly blotting papers remove oil without disturbing foundation or having to add an extra layer of powder.
- Korres Face Primer ($10): This lemon-scented primer keeps foundation and powder from settling into my fine lines, and I swear it makes my pores appear smaller.
- NARS Lip Gloss in Sweet Revenge ($24): Sweet Revenge, a shimmery nude pink, has just a hint of blue and silver micro-glitter.
- Korres Lip Butters ($9): These non-sticky lip butters smooth lips and add a light hint of color.
- Benefit Benetint Lip Balm SPF 15 ($20): It tints lips with a hint of shiny red, creating an effortless, easy look in seconds â€” perfect for minimal makeup days when youâ€™re running errands, or when you need a mental health day involving the couch, the remote and your trusty cat/dog/iguana/etc. 🙂
- Bliss Lid + Lash Wash ($14): This oil-free eye makeup remover does it all, removing everything â€” even waterproof makeup! And it does it fast, too, without stripping my skin or stinging my eyes.
- Bliss Blood Orange and White Pepper Body Butter ($35) and Sugar Scrub ($36): Both of these babies leave my skin feeling soft and smelling like oranges.
- Philsophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser ($10 for a 3.5-oz sample bottle): My holy grail (HG) cleanser! It removes all of my makeup (even mascara) and feels gentle on my skin.
- Shiseido 55+ Sunscreen ($38): I think a lot of high SPF sunscreens feel thick and greasy, but not this one, and I love the light beachy scent.
- Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion ($11): This mild, smoothing salicylic acid toner fights breakouts and moisturizes at the same time.
- Shu Uemura Lash Curler ($19): Like the universe’s gift to “eyelash-challenged” women everywhere.
- Sephora Professional Lash and Eyebrow Comb ($10): Maybe itâ€™s the extra length or how skinny the teeth are, but it seems to work much better than the $2 plastic combs Iâ€™m used to, separating stuck-together lashes and smoothing mascara clumps with ease.
Chicas, would you share your Sephora Friends and Family recommendations? Let’s lend DJ a helping hand. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,