Happy Hump Day, gals! Have y’all done any Sephora Friends and Family hauling yet (using code FF2009 for 20% off online purchases from now through November 2)? MBB reader DJ needs some help generating ideas. Can you help?
What with the friends and family sale happening at Sephora now, do you have any recommendations? I know the main things I’d like to stock up on, but there are little items, like a really good hand cream or brush set, that I’d love your input on. Thanks!
Sure thing! Here’s a list of some of my Sephora makeup and beauty faves (en lieu of just saying, “I want everything in the entire store!”)…
- LORAC Front of the Line Pro ($22): Drawing crisp, dark lines is easy-peasy with this fantastic liquid pen liner.
- Benefit Bad Gal Waterproof Liner ($20): This black pencil liner applies smooth and dark, and the color stays put through sweaty workout, too.
- Stila Smudge Pot in Kitten ($20): This pale pink shimmery cream shadow also doubles as a liner.
- Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara ($14): LOVE this mascara! It. Does. EVERYTHING — separates, thickens and lengthens — all while delivering loads of rich, glossy color (without the clumping), and it does it all while holding a killer curl.
- Urban Decay Super Stash Glide-On Pencils ($36): Nine mini-eye pencils come in this holiday set.
- Make Up For Ever False Lashes ($14): With over 50 styles to choose from, the Make Up For Ever Lash Bar has lashes for just about every occasion.
- Benefit Coralista ($28): I love this shimmery coral powder.
- Philosophy Lit From Within Cream Blush ($23): Not only does this cream blush apply and blend like a dream (I use my fingers), it stays put for hours on either bare skin or atop foundation.
- Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Excite ($23): This finely-milled blush feel just like buttah and melts seamlessly into my skin.
NARS Blush in Mounia ($25): Mounia looks scary in its pan, but it actually delivers a bright yet natural, just-pinched flush.(Note: Oops, Sephora no longer sells Mounia. Thanks to eagle-eyed MBB readers Angelica and Alyssa for pointing it out. Instead, consider NARS Orgasm/Laguna duo ($36) or NARS The Multiple Duo Orgasm/South Beach ($45).
- Stila Hydrating Finishing Powder ($32): This moisturizing powder feels light and weightless, and I can wear it all day long without feeling like I have makeup sitting on top of my skin.
- Shiseido Pureness Oil-Control Blotting Paper ($17): These travel-friendly blotting papers remove oil without disturbing foundation or having to add an extra layer of powder.
- Korres Face Primer ($10): This lemon-scented primer keeps foundation and powder from settling into my fine lines, and I swear it makes my pores appear smaller.
- NARS Lip Gloss in Sweet Revenge ($24): Sweet Revenge, a shimmery nude pink, has just a hint of blue and silver micro-glitter.
- Korres Lip Butters ($9): These non-sticky lip butters smooth lips and add a light hint of color.
- Benefit Benetint Lip Balm SPF 15 ($20): It tints lips with a hint of shiny red, creating an effortless, easy look in seconds — perfect for minimal makeup days when you’re running errands, or when you need a mental health day involving the couch, the remote and your trusty cat/dog/iguana/etc.
- Bliss Lid + Lash Wash ($14): This oil-free eye makeup remover does it all, removing everything — even waterproof makeup! And it does it fast, too, without stripping my skin or stinging my eyes.
- Bliss Blood Orange and White Pepper Body Butter ($35) and Sugar Scrub ($36): Both of these babies leave my skin feeling soft and smelling like oranges.
- Philsophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser ($10 for a 3.5-oz sample bottle): My holy grail (HG) cleanser! It removes all of my makeup (even mascara) and feels gentle on my skin.
- Shiseido 55+ Sunscreen ($38): I think a lot of high SPF sunscreens feel thick and greasy, but not this one, and I love the light beachy scent.
- Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion ($11): This mild, smoothing salicylic acid toner fights breakouts and moisturizes at the same time.
- Shu Uemura Lash Curler ($19): Like the universe’s gift to “eyelash-challenged” women everywhere.
- Sephora Professional Lash and Eyebrow Comb ($10): Maybe it’s the extra length or how skinny the teeth are, but it seems to work much better than the $2 plastic combs I’m used to, separating stuck-together lashes and smoothing mascara clumps with ease.
Chicas, would you share your Sephora Friends and Family recommendations? Let’s lend DJ a helping hand.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,