A few of you asked to see details of the Bobbi Brown Ivy League look I tried on Monday.
Nicole and Nancy wanted a breakdown of the eyes. They took about eight steps. If you were comfortable trying any of my 4-step eye makeup looks, I think you could easily do this look as well.
My Bobbi Brown Ivy League eyes
Oh, if you’d like to tone down the look, swap the black pencil liner for a brown one or omit the lining along the lower lash line entirely.
- I start by applying Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Forest Shimmer Ink (a dark green with golden flecks) on my lid and just up into the crease with a Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Concealer Brush, smoothing away any harsh lines with a fingertip.
- Then, using a MAC 217 Blending Brush, I pat Bobbi Brown Metallic Eyeshadow in Bash (a shimmery forest green) over the lid and just barely into the crease.
- Next, with a MAC 226 Small Tapered Blending Brush, I sweep MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow Quad in Assemblage (a shimmery gold) into the crease.
- Applying a light color under the brow bone can add definition to eye makeup, so I pat on some MAC Eyeshadow in Arena (a shimmery golden peach) with a MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush.
- For a slightly smokey eye, I line my upper lash line with Bobbi Brown Creamy Eye Pencil in Jet (a matte black) and diffuse/fade the edges by running the pencil’s attached sponge along them. Then, still with the same pencil, I line my upper and lower waterlines.
- To emphasize my lower lash line while still keeping it soft, I draw a line along it (ideally, getting between the roots of each lash) with Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Forest Shimmer Ink.
- Then, I soften the lined lower lash by gently swiping Bobbi Brown Metallic Eyeshadow in Bash along the outer half (toward the ear) with a MAC 226 Small Tapered Blending Brush.
- Finally, still with the MAC 226, I swipe MAC Arena along the inner half of the line (toward the nose).
Possible alternatives for Bobbi Brown Metallic Eyeshadow in Bash
Swatches from left to right: Bash, MAC Humid, the light and dark green shades from the Chanel Murano quad
Thanks for suggesting so many alternatives to Bash in an earlier post. I think MAC Humid comes pretty close, and the two darker green shades in the new Chanel Murano quad should also work.
About that jacket…
The tweed jacket I wore in the pic came from Old Navy a few seasons ago. I’ve looked for something similar online (and similarly cheap) but haven’t found it yet. Tweed seems to crop up more often as we get closer to fall, so I’ll keep my eyes peeled and will let you know when I spot it somewhere.
Have a great day today.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Bonjour! Do you remember reading the children’s book Le Petit Prince? If so, check this out (thanks, Glosslizard!).