A couple weeks ago my friend Jen and I were chatting about makeup when one of us brought up Bobbi Brown.
Now, Jen’s a recent convert to the cult o’ Bobbi, so I asked her what she liked about the brand, and she said, “When I wear it, I still feel like I look like me, and not like I’m trying to be someone else,” which I totally get. I think it’s why Bobbi’s makeup strikes a chord with so many women, myself included.
I know that when I don’t want to fuss with five different colors blended into my crease, there’s always Bobbi Brown.
For her latest foray into holiday makeup, Bobbi created a double-decker palette designed to flatter all skin tones. The new limited edition Deluxe Lip & Eye Palette ($80) contains two tiers of makeup in lovely tortoiseshell attire, with one tier filled with neutral brown, gold, pink and beige shades for eyes, and another tier with pink, mauve and rose lipsticks for lips.
The Bobbi Brown Deluxe Lip & Eye Palette ($80) includes…
- Ivory Eye Shadow, a matte creamy white
- Sandy Rose Metallic Shadow, a silvery plummy mauve
- Chiffon Sparkle Shadow, a pale gold
- Antique Rose Shadow, a rosy brown
- Malted Shadow, a soft grayish brown
- Bronzed Pink Metallic, a mid-tone shimmering pink
- Cream Metallic Shadow, a shimmering creamy white
- Black Chocolate Shadow, a rich blackened brown
- Pink Sequin Cream Lip Color, a Sheer pinkish peach
- Pale Mauve Cream Lip Color, a sheer pink mauve
- Black Cherry Creamy Lip Color, a rich berry red
- Pale Beige Creamy Lip Color, a nude pinkish beige
- Coral Pink Creamy Lip Color, a bright warm pink
- Pink Blossom Creamy Lip Color, a mid-tone bluish pink
- Rose Garden Creamy Lip Color, a mid-tone shimmer rose
- Mini Eye Shadow Brush
- Mini Lip Brush
Most holiday makeup kits whizz by me in a blur without making much of an impression, but this one stands out. There’s plenty of Bobbi-style neutrals up in the mix, but they’re joined by rosy pinks, deep berries, bright corals and a sparkly gold for a delicate dash of glamour.
Among the eyeshadows, there are workhorse mattes to ground your looks, pretty pops of pink, and a sprinkling of holiday glitter for festive sparkle.
And for lips, while I’m not normally a fan of lip palettes because I just think they’re rarely as practical as carrying around one or two tubes, I appreciate the wide range of shades here, from everyday pinks and nudes to brighter, bolder options like berry and coral.
As a holiday palette, this one’s a little expensive…but look what you get! — elegance, and the makings of some gorgeous holiday looks.
AVAILABILITY: Limited edition, available now at Bobbi Brown counters and online
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B+/A-
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. I don’t know if you’ve already entered, but there’s a $50 Sephora e-gift card up for grabs in last weekend’s giveaway, which closes tonight at midnight. I’m just sayin’… 🙂