Let the holiday 2009 madness begin with Benefit’s limited-edition sets, available later this month.
My mind’s a blur right now (too much coffee and too little sleep), so forgive me as I bust out the bullets:
- Each set is reasonably priced between $26-46.
- The quilt and chain designs along with the red, purple and gold packaging totally remind me of a blinged-out Chanel purse.
- Included in the kits are arguably some of the best stuff in Benefit’s permanent line (hello, Coralista).
- Love the Crescent Row scents like I do? Expect new, limited-edition body lotions for each fragrance. I haven’t tried ’em yet, but I hope they’ll be moisturizing enough to handle my alligator legs.
Let me know if any of these move you.
This nine-piece kit packs almost everything I need to go from tow’ up to glam in a matter of minutes. The travel-sized eye and blush brushes for on-the-go touchups are a nice bonus, too.
Bring out your inner Celebutante with …
- High Beam: a shimmery pink highlighter for the face and body (check out swatches along with a how-to tutorial here)
- Benetint: a liquid, rose-colored cheek and lip tint (see swatches here)
- Dallas: a shimmery peach blush (read a full review and view swatches here)
- Lip Gloss in I’m With the Band: a sheer, shimmery golden pink gloss (peep the full review and swatches here and here)
- Full-Finish lipstick in Lady’s Choice: a warm, dusty rose pink (see here for swatches)
- Velvet Eyeshadow in Leggy: a shimmery light pink (see swatches here)
- Velvet Eyeshadow in Dandy Brandy: a shimmery golden brown (see swatches here)
Glitz Glam & Gloss, $26
Benefit Lip Gloss fans on a budget just might love this kit.
The Benefit babes loaded Glitz Glam & Gloss with three dual-headed glosses (six glosses total), each with a generous .10-oz of product (a full-sized Benefit Lip Gloss contains .17-oz of gloss).
Buying all six glosses separately (check out a review here) costs $108; grabbing ’em all at once saves a whopping $82. That’s a steal of a deal, yo!
Glitz Glam & Gloss includes …
- Friends in High Places: a shimmery rose
- Kiss You: a shimmery violet
- Almost Famous: a shimmery bronze
- Zone Out: a shimmery cool gold
- I’m With the Band: a shimmery golden pink
- Freshly Squeezed: a shimmery pinkish coral
Two of my favorite blushes, Coralista and Dallas, come in this travel-friendly kit. There’s also a pan of Hula bronzer and a travel blush brush, to boot.
Powderazzi comes with …
- Coralista: a shimmery pinkish coral powder blush (see swatches and review here)
- Dallas: a shimmery peach blush (peep Dallas in action here)
- Hoola: a bronzing powder
Crescent Row Holiday Sets in My Place or Yours Gina, Laugh With Me Lee Lee and Something About Sophia, $46 each
Each of these sets includes a full-sized bottles of fragrance *and* a matching scented body lotion. Nice, yah?
I promise not to tell if you pick a few sets up for yourself while you’re holiday shopping. Pinky swear, even!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,