Go ahead, poke fun at me for saying “hella” all you want, babe, but I’ll always, always own that sh*t.
It’s just something I picked up growing up in the San Francisco Bay Area.
I also learned not to wear shorts with a tank top when I visit SF in July (because it can get downright cold!), and I automatically drop my “the’s” when referring to BART trains and MUNI. (SF Lingo 101: we say, “I took BART,” or “I took MUNI,” instead of saying, “I took the BART.”)
Yep, I’m a Bay Area girl through and through. 🙂
We may not host the headquarters of as many makeup lines as Paris and New York, but we’ve got some pretty bangin’ beauty brands reppin’ the Bay, like San Francisco-based bareMinerals.
And just like San Franciscans did back in the day, fans of bareMinerals this year can look forward to another summer of (lip) love, with a massive new launch of Marvelous Moxie Lipsticks, Lipliners and Lipglosses.
Next month, the brand is adding a total of 46 new permanent collection lip products, all priced from $15-18 each.
Seeing as how I change my lip color, oh, about every five seconds, I’m really excited. 🙂
This afternoon I made out with nine of the new products, and based on that, we have some pretty playful pigments and creamy textures to look forward to, and coverages varying from super saturated to soft and sheer.
Here we go! Bring on the summer of lips…
Marvelous Moxie Lipstick ($18 each, available in 18 shades)
- Go the Distance (tangerine smoothie)
- Light It Up (vibrant melon)
- Never Say Never (fuchsia pink)
- Risk It All (energetic magenta)
- Live It Up (cherry red)
- Live Large (berry rose)
- Lead the Way (rich plumberry)
- Call the Shots (rich scarlet)
- Stand Out (rosewood)
- Be Free (creamy pink nude)
- Make Your Move (soft neutral pink)
- Break Away (luscious mauve)
- Rise Up (luminous bronze)
- Finish First (caramel cappuccino)
- Fly High (lavender pink crÃ¨me)
- Speak Your Mind (blushing pink)
- Get Ready (warm rosy pink)
- Raise the Bar (pearlescent raspberry)
Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss ($18 each, available in 18 shades)
- Dare Devil (sparkling blackberry)
- Hot Shot (flamingo pink)
- Maverick (rosewood shimmer)
- Party Starter (fiery coral)
- Rebel (pink mauve)
- Risk Taker (chocolate shimmer)
- Show Off (baby pink)
- Smooth Talker (golden pink)
- Spark Plug (dusty pink pearl)
- Trail Blazer (nude gold)
- Game Changer (red carpet red)
- Stunner (pure magenta)
- Rule Breaker (sparkling nude)
- Ringleader (lavender pink pearl)
Marvelous Moxie Lipliner ($15 each, available in 10 shades)
- Amped (perfect red)
- Energized (citrus coral)
- Jazzed (electric pink)
- Revved (rich raisin)
- Electrified (royal plum)
- Liberated (blushing almond)
- Thrilled (nude mauve)
- Pumped (toasted hazelnut)
- Empowered (dusty deep pink)
- Exhilarated (warm rose pink)
Don’t you love the names? They make me feel so inspired. 🙂
Keep an eye out for these Marvelous Moxie Lipsticks, Lipliners and Lipglosses next month at Sephora, Bare Escentuals boutiques and awesome places online.
I can’t believe I’m saying this, because I’ve been about two snores away from a deep REM sleep throughout this entire season of Project Runway: Teams Edition, but I’m actually excited to watch it tonight.
Have you been following this season? I can’t wait to see what Patricia whips ups. I love her style. It’s so weird and wildly creative. Safe bet: she’ll have something interesting to show.
Well, time to open a can of TJ’s lentil soup, make a quick salad and veg out on the couch.
Have a great night, okay? One more sleep ’til Friday!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,