I was just walking along the sidewalk today, minding my business, when a Sephora store reached out and grabbed me by the eyeballs!
Well, it was the window, really … a display for the new Tarina Tarantino Beauty collection (exclusive to Sephora).
As soon as I saw the rows of pink compacts and faux diamonds (and wiped up the bit of drool on my chin), I knew what I needed to do!
WHEE! It’s swatch time.
A few observations and items of note about the collection…
- Since Tarina’s jewelry’s so colorful and quirky, I was expecting crazy makeup colors too. Well, it has some of that, but there’s also a solid core of really wearable neutrals, and even the edgier purples and pinks are still tastefully done.
- The playful yet wearable vibe reminds me of Anna Sui and Paul & Joe.
- Big ups for the Eye Dream Hypershadows ($19), Dollskin Cheek blush ($25) and Dollskin Powder ($32); all of the powder products feel finely milled, soft and apply with concentrated pigmentation. It almost felt like I was playing with Dior!
- The Eye Dream Hyperliners ($17) are creamy smooth ala Urban Decay’s Glide-On Eye Pencils, but instead of setting after a minute like UD’s, they stay creamy and moveable.
- If you’re a fan of Stila’s Smudge Pots, you might like the Magic Hour Cream Shadows ($19). I think they have a similar texture and color payoff.
- I can see Tarina’s not a big fan of matte lipsticks as all of her Conditioning Lipsheens ($22) have either a creamy or a shimmery finish.
- Hold on to your sensitive noses because the Gem Glosses ($19) have a strong fruit punch scent that … made my stomach churn (I have a VERY sensitive nose, though).
Here are swatches of the color products. Lemme know if you’re interested in seeing the face and highlighting powders, too.
Eye Dream Hyperliners ($17 each) in 1. Tommy Jet, 2. Rockstar Love, 3. Puppeteer, 4. Locket Book, 5. Ultra Violet, 6. Amethyst Android, 7. Cute Robot, 8. Glamorous Thief, 9. Kanzashi
Eye Dream Hyperliners ($17 each) in 5. Ultra Violet, 6. Amethyst Android, 7. Cute Robot, 8. Glamorous Thief, 9. Kanzashi, 10. Sparkling Ammunition, 11. Spark of Envy, 12. Broken Doll, 13. Crystal Gun
Eye Dream Hypershadows ($19 each) in 14. Butterfly Black, 15. Brooch, 16. Rivet, 17. Bow, 18. Baby Sparkle, 19. Organza, 20. Pave, 21. Cord, 22. Trim
Eye Dream Hypershadows ($19 each) in 20. Pave, 21. Cord, 22. Trim, 23. Stick Pin, 24. Bangle, 25. Hoop, 26. Cuff, 27. Crimp
Eye Dream Hypershadows ($19 each) in 28. Facet, 29. Beaded, 30. Ribbon, 31. Memento, 32. Peacock Pearl, 33. Amulet, 34. Sweetzer, 35. Chain
Eye Dream Hypershadows ($19 each) in 31. Memento, 32. Peacock Pearl, 33. Amulet, 34. Sweetzer, 35. Chain, 36. Trinket. Magic Hour Cream Shadow ($19 each) in 37. Black Diamond, 38. Purple Velvet, 39. Golden Shadow
Dollskin Cheek ($25 each) in 40. Charm, 41. Carved Rose, 42. Feather, 43. Parasol, 44. Filigree
Conditioning Lipsheen ($22) in 45. Wire, 46. Prong, 47. Studio 200, 48. Leatherette, 49. Pendant, 50. Showroom, 51. Cameo, 52. Candy Jar
Conditioning Lipsheen ($22) in 49. Pendant, 50. Showroom, 51. Cameo, 52. Candy Jar, 53. Queen Alice, 54. Fuchsia Lining, 55. Paramour, 56. Floriculture
Gem Gloss ($19) in 57. Barette, 58. Wire, 59. Bobby Pin, 60. Ruffle, 61. Cabochon
Gem Gloss ($19) in 61. Cabochon, 62. Disco Nap, 63. My Pretty, 64. Pom Pom, 65. Nouveau, 66. Neon Vanity, 67. Fuchsia Revolution, 68. Laquer, 69. Carousel
What do ya think? See anything you like?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Philosophy fans, this month the line turns 14! And to celebrate, Philsophy is holding an instant win game (through the end of March). Visit philosophy.com/birthday to win daily prizes and a chance to win a $1,000 shopping spree. Good luck!