So is your sweet tooth ready for Halloween? I’ve been working mine out with caramels this week to get it in shape for Sunday.
For the first time in ages I actually have Halloween plans that don’t involve stuffing my pie hole with mini-Snickers at home. El Hub and I are going to a party on a big @ss boat! — well, technically, it’s a decommissioned aircraft carrier called the USS Hornet, and the party’s called the Monster Bash.
Now I just have to decide on a costume, and I did some brainstorming today…sexy brainstorming.
As a fallback, if I haven’t come up with something better, I may swing by the Halloween store to pick up one of those sexy [INSERT PROFESSION HERE] outfits — sexy nurse, sexy librarian, sexy devil or sexy dental hygienist (sexy bee keeper?).
And if that’s the case, I’ll need makeup to fit the part, makeup like this smoldering, shimmery green smokey eye with glossy hot pink lips.
It says, “Hey! I’m in costume! Pay attention to me!” But it’s not too complicated to throw together in a
I used products from the new MAC A Tartan Tale and Chanel Les Tentations holiday collections, with a dusting of makeup from Make Up For Ever, NARS and Fred Farrugia. If you have any similar colors haunting the corridors of your makeup stash, now’s your chance to put them to work!
Clockwise from left: Chanel Les Tissages de Chanel in Tweed Fuchsia, MAC Pigment in Moonlight Night, MAC Pigment in Teal, Fred Farrugia Matte Lip Duo in 06, NARS Lipgloss in Easy Lover, Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eye Liner in Mat Black 0L, MAC Pearglide Liner in Black Swan, MAC Pearlglide Liner in Undercurrent
Swatches from left: MAC Pigment in Moonlight Night, MAC Pigment in Teal, MAC Pearlglide Liner in Undercurrent, MAC Pearglide Liner in Black Swan, Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eye Liner in Mat Black 0L
Chanel Les Tissages de Chanel in Tweed Fuchsia, Fred Farrugia Matte Lip Duo in 06, NARS Lipgloss in Easy Lover
Here’s a breakdown of the look.
The Eyes Have It!
- Prep those lids! I used MAC Pearlglide Liner in Undercurrent as a shadow base to add extra oomph! to the pigments and drew a solid block of color on my lids and up into the crease. Then, using a fluffy blending brush, I swept along the edges to diffuse the lines.
- Darkness reins. With a shadow brush head dampened with MAC Fix+, I patted MAC Pigment in Moonlight Night onto my lids and into the crease.
- Contrast in the crease. For a colorful twist, I swept MAC Pigment in Teal into the crease with a fluffy domed brush. Then, with a separate clean shadow brush, I drew the color up toward my brow bone to diffuse it and mellow out any harsh lines.
- Soot down please. To really intensify the smokey, sooty effect, I darkened my waterlines with Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Mat Black 0L.
- Line! Next, I lined each entire lower lash line with MAC Pearlglide Liner in Undercurrent, topping it with MAC Pearglide Liner in Black Swan.
- Don’t forget your Halloween masc-ara. I finished the eyes by curling my lashes and adding a few coats of black mascara.
Cheeks and Lips
- The rest of the look was easier than downing a bag of mini-Snickers (damn those things to hell!). Here, I swept Chanel Les Tissages de Chanel Blush in Tweed Fuchsia on my cheeks, and then popped a layer of NARS Easy Lover on top of Fred Farrugia’s Matte Lip Duo in 06 on my lips.
Where’s my feather boa?
A crazy bold smokey eye isn’t something I’d wear on the regular, but who knows? Maybe I’ll try it the next time I hit a bar or club. Ooh, or Vegas.
Some products mentioned in this post…
- MAC A Tartan Tale Swatches: Well Plaid, MAC… Well Plaid
- Lego My Fred Farrugia Makeup! These Fred Farrugia Makeup Modules Really Click
- Fred Farrugia Makeup Is Driving Me Matte!
- Chanel Les Tentations de Chanel Holiday 2010 Collection: Holiday Is the New Spring
- MAC A Tartan Tale: Knoble Knights Lash & Line Eye Bag
- MAC Fix+ Rose Romanced My Dry Skin
Looking back at bygone Halloweens…
- Addicted to Love and Makeup: A Halloween Look
- Face of the Day (FOTD) and Just for Fun: My Halloween Costume – Amy Winehouse
- BOO! My MAC Smokey Eyes for Halloween
- MAC Smokey Eye Tutorial: Halloween Flashback
- Urban Decay Halloween Eyes, Rated PG (Purple and Gold)
- YOU MUST CHOOSE: The Halloween Edition
Have I mentioned Chipotle yet? It’s my latest caloric obsession. They’re a national healthy pseudo-Mexican food chain, and by pseudo I mean totally Americanized (but delicious!). Man, I’m craving one of their veggie burritos somethin’ terrible…
What’s your current food obsession? Do you have one? I’m just glad I got over spaghetti tacos.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Stay tuned for even more Halloween ideas over the next few days.