Hi, girlies! Today was one of those days where things were just non-stop craziness at work. I was training a new hire and trying to do 20 other things at the same time — not the best conditions to be training someone in — and everything had to be done like five minutes ago. I’m really glad to be home. 🙂
Before I kick back with my veggie burrito in front of the Tivo (I haven’t watched Monday night’s Heroes yet; still lovin’ ya, Peter Petrelli!), here’s the look I wore to work today. I knew today would be a rough day and wanted to wear something colorful (while still safe for the office) and upbeat. It’s a shimmery copper and tan eye with blue accents and features a few different holiday and fall products, including the new Cargo Color Palette in Vienna ($28).
One of eight Cargo eye shadow palettes released specifically for Sephora this fall, Vienna contains four huge pans of uber-blendable, shimmery shadow in copper, beige, tan and slate blue.
Step by Step: The Eyes
- First, I primed my lids with Too Faced Shadow Insurance primer (makes the shadows last longer).
- Next, I applied Vienna’s beige shade on my brow bone with a Sonia Kashuk Large Eye Shadow Brush.
- Then, I swept Vienna’s tan shade into the crease with a MAC 217 blending brush.
- I patted Vienna’s copper shade onto my lids and just barely into the crease with the same Sonia Kashuk Large Eye Shadow Brush from step 2.
- Next, I wet a Sonia Kashuk Angled Eye Shadow Brush with a spritz of MAC Fix+ and swept the wet brush head across the pan of slate blue eye shadow to pick up the color. I applied the wet shadow to my upper lash line, thickening the line as it moved closer to the outer corner of the eye.
- With the same Sonia brush, I applied the blue shade again, this time on the lower water line.
To finish the eyes, I curled my lashes and added one coat of Chanel Exceptionnel mascara in Noir.
And you know I can’t leave home without my blush and lipgloss, so I swept Chanel Les Tissages Blush in Tweed Corail on my cheeks and added a layer of Chanel Creme Gloss in Praline Rose on my pucker before jetting out the door.
I’m lucky the literary agency isn’t so stuffy that I can’t wear a little bit of color … although I can’t really go buck wild either. How about your job? Can you get away with blues and greens, or does everyone stick to neutral makeup?
A’ight, that burrito is calling to me. Time for this tired homegirl to eat her dinner!
What are you up to this evening? 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,