10 reasons to rock smokey purple eyes…
- Because you’re on day three of “third day hair,” and your roots feel hella janky, and you really need to feel glamorous despite this.
- Any excuse to bust out MAC Sketch. Any. Excuse.
- Because purple smokey eyes are a temporary distraction from the chaos that is happening around your eyebrows. Note to self: schedule time for some TLC with those fussy, fuzzy little caterpillars.
- Purple is the color of royalty, and what better way to stake your claim as Queen of the Crazy Cat Ladies?
- Because, hello! — rainy days and Prince songs. *Cues Purple Rain*
- Because it’s long past time to pay homage to one of the greatest MAC trifectas of purple power — Bamboo, Saddle and Shroom.
- Because it’s been a minute since you’ve done black cat liner, which is a perishable skill. Use it or lose it, yo!
- Because scientific studies prove that the best eye makeup to wear while gorging on Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Stars is smokey purple eyes… OK, not really, but in my mind this is true.
- Because heaven forbid you go to HomeGoods for the fourth time this week without at least a little makeup on.
- Because you never know when the urge to go dancing will hit! Preparedness is key! 🙂
Products in this look…
- Lid — MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow in Leap from the new Lightness of Being collection (see swatches here)
- Crease — MAC Eye Shadows in Bamboo and Saddle
- Outer corner — MAC Eye Shadow in Sketch
- Brow bone and inner corner — MAC Eye Shadow in Shroom
- Lower lash line — MAC Sketch blended out with MAC Saddle
- Brows — Antastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Dark Brown
- Lashes — Eylure Texture No. 117
- Cat eyeliner — MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack on upper lashes
- Waterline — MAC Technakohl in Superfly
- Blush — Chanel Pink Explosion
- Highlight — MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Perfect Topping from the Lightness of Being collection
- Bronzer — NARS Laguna
- Lip pencil — MAC Lip Pencil in Boldly Bare
- Lipstick — MAC Ultimate Lipstick in Soft Pout
- Lipgloss — MAC Mineralize Glass in One Cue from Lightness of Being
- Primer — MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance and Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing
- Foundation — Laura Mercier Flawless Fluide in Chai
- Concealer — NARS Pure Radiant Concealer in Ginger and YSL Touche Eclat in 4.5
Schtuff I’m wearing from the new MAC Lightness of Being collection…
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,