Hey, pretty kitties! This cool, crisp fall weather is getting me in the mood to wear autumnal colors like plums and golds. With the holidays approaching, I’ve been starting to wear a little more makeup.
The carpet of autumn leaves covering the hill outside inspired me to whip up this glamorous fall makeup look today as a practice run for Thanksgiving dinner and my other holiday parties. It’s one of those looks that seems like it would be complicated because of the false lashes, but it’s not. You can totally do it! It’s appropriate for all skill levels, even kittens experimenting with makeup for the first time. I hope you give it a try. -Tabs
- Plum eyeshadow — I chose a plum eyeshadow because it flatters so many different eye colors, including green eyes like mine.
- Gold cream shadow — You can go as sparkly as you want with this, but I decided to go with a very subtle sheen, since the lashes already provide much of the drama.
- Bronzy gold kohl pencil liner — A bronzy gold kohl pencil brightens the eyes and adds a subtle focal point that contrasts with the lashes.
- False eyelashes — It’s the holidays! Go for big drama with long, lush lashes that kitties can see from a mile away.
- Plum lipstick — Amplify your look with a dark plum lip. I prefer matte finishes myself, which are trendy at the moment and very ’90s.
- Gold highlighter — To offset the bold eyes and lips, I skipped blush and went for a softly glowing golden cheek using a powder highlighter.
- Flat eyeshadow brush
- Domed blending brush
- Angled eyeshadow brush
- Lip brush
- Blush brush
- Start by applying the plum eyeshadow all over the lid and crease (if you have one).
- Using an angled eyeshadow brush, sweep the same plum eyeshadow along the lower lash line.
- With your domed shadow brush, stipple and press the gold cream shadow all over your lid to add dimension and texture to the look.
- Apply a bronzy gold liner along your lower water line. This doesn’t have to be very intense. Just enough to open up the eyes.
- Apply your false lashes! Do this with gusto and without fear.
- Using your lip brush, apply a plum lipstick to your lips.
- End with a light dusting of shimmery golden highlighter on your cheeks/whisker pads.
If you try this look, tag me on Instagram! #tabstutorials I would love to see it on you!
(NOTE: I know you probably already know this, but please don’t put makeup on your kitty cat. This is just for amusement purposes. No real life cats wore any makeup for this tutorial.)
This post is sponsored by Purina Pro Plan #proplancatpartner. For information about my posting policy, please see my Disclaimer.
About Purina Pro Plan Cat food
Tabs is ravenous for his Purina Pro Plan Focus Indoor Care dry cat food (he actually likes it more than his old treats) and his Pro Plan Savory Bites snacks. Purina Pro Plan’s wide range of dry and wet cat foods and snacks, sold exclusively at pet specialty stores, can be found in three unique nutritional platforms — Savor, Finesse, and Focus — with each formula designed to provide advanced nutrition to help bring out the best in your cat. For more information, visit www.proplan.com/cat.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addicts,
Karen and Tabs