My version of a poolside paradise typically includes some combination of the following…
- Trashy mags, and US Weekly is a fave.
Strangely, I only read it when I’m at the pool…
- Iced tea.
- One of those oversized fluffy beach towels that are so big that I can wrap them around my torso twice.
Because I’m not about that tiny towel life. Even when it’s 95 degrees outside, I’m always freezing when I get out of the water.
- Sunscreen, obvs.
- A bathing suit that stays put even after multiple cannonballs (learned this lesson the hard way).
- Cheapie sunglasses, because who wants to stress out over losing or breaking their favorite pair of expensive sunglasses at the pool?
- A shiny mani/pedi combo, ideally in bright shades like the ones from the new Sally Hansen Poolside Paradise Collection above, because despite the lack of verifiable scientific evidence to support this, I think they make your cannonballs more cannon-bally.
Seriously, they totally do.
I wore two of these Sally Hansen Miracle Gel polishes last week on my trip to New Orleans (creamy yellow Morning Sunshine on my toes and creamy leafy green Lip Palm on my paws), and they were all it took. Now I consider myself a card-carrying member the Miracle Gel cult.
Wait — do the Miracle Gels actually have a cult??
If they don’t, they totally should. These nail polishes are…
- Playful and bright
- Easy to apply
- And affordable
All of which add up to “drugstore gem!”