Anchors aweigh, NARS fans! This is your captain speaking. Before we cast off, I’d like to thank you for choosing Tabs the Cat Tours (a division of Tabs the Cat Industries, LLC) for your travel needs.
It should be smoooove sailing up the coast this afternoon, and as we cruise into spring, you should see plenty of shimmery finishes, metallic moments and splashes of sheer color off the starboard bow.
I’d like to remind you to please wear your life jacket at all times. It is of the utmost importance, as we may experience sweeping moments of makeup ecstasy.
Our destination: the dreamy plums, turquoises, golds, pinks, greens and peaches in the nine-piece NARS spring 2014 collection. Hold on to your makeup brushes, because we’re heading into High Seize!
Set sail for High Sieze with the nine-piece NARS spring 2014 collection
The entire NARS Spring 2014 High Seize collection includes…
- CHINA SEAS DUO EYESHADOW ($34): An iridescent turquoise with gold infusion and an iridescent plum
- KAUAI DUO EYESHADOW ($34): A gold lamé and an iridescent smokey orchid
- KHAO SAN ROAD LARGER THAN LIFE LONG-WEAR EYELINER ($24): A metallic aquamarine
- PUERTA DEL SOL LARGER THAN LIFE LONG-WEAR EYELINER ($24): A parrot green with shimmer
- ANNÉES FOLLES LARGER THAN LIFE LIP GLOSS ($26): A sheer violet
- BIMINI LARGER THAN LIFE LIP GLOSS ($26): A sheer pink guava
- TIMANFAYA SATIN LIP PENCIL ($25): A mandarin red
- NĀ PALI COAST MULTIPLE ($39): A shimmering rosy peach
- WIND DANCER NAIL POLISH ($19): A cantaloupe
NARS China Seas Duo Eyeshadow ($34)
China Seas Duo Eyeshadow
Please direct your gaze to the starboard side, as we plunge into the life aquatic with China Seas, the first of two eyeshadow duos in the collection.
Submerge your lids under its shimmery iridescent turquoise. Then, take a dip in its sparkling, iridescent reddish plum…
Both of the shadows in this duo will lap your lids with a soft sheen. I like how they blend seamlessly into each other — but please, do be careful of the fallout. A bit of powder finds its way onto my cheeks whenever I forget to tap off my brush before applying, but it’s not enough to need a life preserver.
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B+
China Seas Swatch
NARS Kauai Duo Eyeshadow ($34)
Kauai Duo Eyeshadow
Hold on to the railing, friends, because we’re heading into some exciting big waves courtesy of the thrilling Kauai Duo Eyeshadow, which makes a splash with its mirror-like shine and bold pigment.
This duo is the flashier of the two. Every time I see that shimmery metallic yellow gold and iridescent smokey orchid sparkling on my lids, my breath catches, and I feel so alive! — like the time I paddled into a six-foot wave and actually surfed the damned thing (I even dropped in, OMG!).
Grab this one if you want to focus attention on your eyes, but more mature NARS fans might want to go easy on it by wearing these shadows close to their lids or lash lines, since the high-shine finish just loooooves to point out fine lines.
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A