Urban Decay’s Naked Palette shocked the beauty world back in 2010, not with bodacious primary colors and sparkly gobs of gorgeous glitter, but with elemental earth tones and wearable neutral shades.
Since then, many brands have joined the basics bandwagon, coming out with neutral eye palettes of their own.
I love neutrals almost as much as I love bolds — well, maybe even more (although it’s hard to resist a pair of pigmented purple cat eyes).
If you have a neutral eye palette waiting patiently in your makeup bag, give it some love today. Here’s an easy (always important) neutral eye look featuring matte black and brown shades and a shimmery, peachy gold.
I’ll be using eyeshadows from Anastasia’s new She Wears It Well Palette ($34), specifically Sunset (a shimmery, peachy gold), Onyx (a matte black matte) and Toffee (a matte brown).
Before we jump in, let’s go over the recipe…
- Artdeco Eyeshadow Primer
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion (a matte black from the new Ocho Loco Holiday Set, available now online at urbandecay.com)
- MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy (a shimmery bronzy brown)
- MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush (a fantastic flat eyeshadow brush)
- MAC 266 Small Angle Brush (a stiff angled brush)
- MAC 217 Blending Brush (a fluffy, domed blending brush)
Bear in mind that these are only suggestions. You don’t have to use the exact same colors or brushes to follow this tutorial.
Right! With that out of the way, are you ready to get neutral-ized?