Wearing the new $36 Too Faced A La Mode Eye Palette (available now at Too Faced counters and toofaced.com) and contemplating life…
1. Unleash your weirdness
2. Wear pink eyeshadow
Monaco eyeshadow…LET’S DO THIS
3. Believe in the absurd
4. Enjoy being a girl
5. Change your hair
6. If you want to, change your life
7. Schedule breaks during the day AND TAKE THEM
8. Let go of your irrational fears
9. Talk to your friends
10. Talk to your plants
11. Go to bed early
A La Mode Eyes Palette swatches from the left: St. Tropez, Cannes and Soleil
12. Believe in yourself
13. Try something new
15. Count your blessings
16. Think outside the box
17. Remember who you were
18. Envision who you can be
19. Let your imagination run wild
20. Do something differently
21. Keep your desk clean
22. Set a daily schedule and stick to it
A La Mode Eyes Palette swatches from the left: Riviera, Jardin and Cote d’Azur
23. Have the second helping of ice cream
24. Eliminate all the negative sh*t you don’t need
25. Have brunch
26. Take risks
27. Brace yourself
28. Start a new list
29. Drink water
30. Exercise in the mornings (even 20 minutes is better than nothing)
A La Mode Eyes Palette swatches from the left: La Croisette, Monaco and De La Mer
31. Use kind words when speaking to yourself
32. Reward yourself for a job well done
33. Life is short; get moving
34. Ditch the stretchy pants for a nice outfit
35. Go for frequent walks
36. Call someone — anyone — on the phone
37. Have lunch at 12, even if you aren’t hungry (see #7)
38. Hug your cat
39. Snap more pics of your cat (because the world needs MOAR TABS PICS)
My gardening buddy
40. Close your eyes, and remind yourself that YOU GOT THIS
41. Go against the tide
42. Carve out a niche
43. Write a letter to a friend about whatever’s on your mind at the moment…
My dearest friend,
GIRL. Pink eyeshadow. Think about it.
Seriously, though. Snaps. You can do it! Try the new A La Mode Eyes Palette by Too Faced Cosmetics ($36 and available now at Too Faced counters and toofaced.com).
I’ve worn pink eyeshadows plenty of times before and thought, eh, that was fine, but this new summer palette of warm-toned powder eyeshadows is pretty killer. I would go so far as to say that Monaco, the palette’s vibrant pink shade, is the crown jewel in this limited edition kit.
Oh, sure, the other eyeshadows (there are nine powder shadows in total) are expertly paired. Too Faced sets the kit up in a way that completely takes the guesswork out of choosing colors to wear together. The shadows are arranged in rows for day, classic and fashion looks. Easy-peasy!
The shadows are so buttery and creamy that you can blend them with a few swipes. Plus, on top of primer, they last all day.
The kit leans warm, so if you tend to pick up a little color in summer, or if you like to fake the baked look with bronzer, these shades should look great on you.
Oh! About Monaco? YES, you can work it. One of my mantras is to think outside the box. Both in makeup and in life. And that means wearing pink eyeshadow.
Here’s what I like to do: swipe Monaco in the crease with a thin, pointed crease brush. Next, I take a tapered fluffy brush loaded with Jardin, the golden melon shade from the kit, and sweep it back and forth to blend it out. Then, swap out the tapered brush for a flat eyeshadow brush, and pat Cannes, the coppery shade, on my lids.
Highlight those inner corners with one of the big pans on the left of the kit (golden beige St. Tropez, golden peach Rivera or beige La Croisette); then line with one of the darker shades on the right — shimmery golden brown Soleil, shimmery taupe Cote d’Adure or shimmery navy blue De La Mer.
But ya know, there are so many ways to work this palette. That’s probably my favorite thing about it. You can play it safe with warm, shimmery neutrals, or completely push your makeup boundaries with the pink.
I think you’ll really like it. Yes, even the pink!
44. Have a meal (or two or three) outside
45. Embrace your silliness, because there’s absolutely no need to take yourself so damned seriously!
46. Brush your teeth
47. Find a big tree, and read a book under that tree
48. Turn on some music and dance, dance, dance!