There are some dicey moments, but it’s entirely possible to paint yo’ face with a toddler sitting on your lap. You just gotta accept that your new cream highlighter may end up having a big old dent when said toddler dips a brush into it, and one brow may end up darker than the other, and you may not end up wearing as much mascara as you normally would because you almost poked your eye out five or six times in the process. But putting on a full face from start to finish is totally doable with a toddler in the mix, and the results can be good enough for a Target run!
I mostly used products from the new Covergirl Spring 2018 collection for this, and here are some top-level observations…
- Vitalist Go Glow in Daybreak — Subtle, soft shimmer
- Vitalist Healthy Concealer Pens in Warm Beige and Medium Beige (worn as under-eye concealer and as foundation) — Good coverage and finish, excellent as a face concealer, but too sheer for use under my eyes
- Vitalist Healthy Powder in Medium Beige — Natural coverage, looks even better as the day goes on
- Lid Lock Eye Shadow Primer — OK
- Peacock Flare Mascara Waterproof — Decent length and lift, pokey brush
- Vitalist Healthy Glow Highlighter in 6 (worn as an eyeshadow) — Too sparkly…
- TruNaked Smoky Eyeshadow Palette (worn as liner) — Moderately pigmented, and very little fallout
- Ultrafine Brow Pencil in Rich Brown — Sheer but still buildable
- Melting Pout Matte Liquid Lipstick in Currant Nude — Wears off if I drink something or nibble
Putting on makeup with a toddler on my lap, episode no. 001. I’m wearing mostly new makeup from the @Covergirl spring 2018 collection: Vitalist Go Glow in Daybreak | Vitalist Healthy Concealer Pens in Warm Beige and Medium Beige | Vitalist Healthy Powder in Medium Beige | Lid Lock Eye Shadow Primer | Peacock Flare Mascara Waterproof | Vitalist Healthy Glow Highlighter in 6 | Ultrafine Brow Pencil in Rich Brown | Melting Pout Matte Liquid Lipstick in Currant Nude | TruNaked Smoky Palette. Other stuff up in the mix: @hourglasscosmetics bronzer and @maccosmetics Melon Pink blush. #makeup #makeupvideo #makeuptutorial #momlife #toddlersofinstagram #iamwhatimakeup #igmakeup
The non-Covergirl things I used include Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant Bronze and MAC Padma Melon Pink Blush.