“Like, totally rad to the max! I want to be a Valli girl!”
I don’t even know where to start with the MAC Giambattista Valli collection.
Gah! Between the practical packaging (the color of each tube reflects the color of its corresponding lipstick, making it easy to find the shade you’re looking for) and the corals, pinks and reds?
YAAAAS! I’m a little beside myself…
Bold lip lovers who live for classic colors (this includes at least one crazy cat lady/lipstick-loving blogger), this six-piece collection is for you.
First, who the heck is Giambattista Valli?
I’m glad you asked. He’s an Italian fashion designer known for his dramatic dresses, feminine designs and his use of floral embellishments.
Very girly-girl stuff — and I’d wear his clothes in a HEARTBEAT if ever given the chance (assuming I had a reason to wear a full-length, floral-print strapless dress with a thigh-high slit).
The MAC Giambattista Valli collection evokes the designer’s affinity for femininity, florals and color, and each of the six lip products in it are inspired by his dresses.
Five full-coverage Matte Lipsticks ($17.50 each) and one potted lip gloss ($23) comprise the collection, which arrives online and at MAC stores and counters July 9 through August 6.
The MAC Giambattista Valli collection includes…
- MAC Matte Lipstick in Bianca B — a pale white pink
- MAC Matte Lipstick in Tats — a bright hot pink
- MAC Matte Lipstick in Margherita — a yellowish bright peach
- MAC Matte Lipstick in Charlotte — a rich yellowish red
- MAC Matte Lipstick in Eugenie — a dark cherry with blue undertones
- MAC Crystal Glaze Gloss in Lena — a clear gloss with multicolored flecks of pearl