For the record, it’s hard to look cute in a raincoat. (In case you were wondering.)
It’s rainy and gloomy here in NorCal today, but I’m not complaining, because the rain makes me feel alive! The world around me is thirsty, and it’s taking a much-needed shower and a big gulp of refreshing H2O. And when it’s done, the oak trees and the grass on the hill and the sidewalks and my car (haha) are all going to look fresh and new. 🙂
Or…maybe that’s just California Karen romanticizing the rain, since we haven’t had much of it this winter. I’m sure that if I lived someplace where it’s been pouring 24/7, I’d be like FRICKIN’ RAIN RUINING EVERY MINUTE AND EVERY SECOND OF MAH LIFE!!!
Weather like this calls for a dose of cheerful pink cheeks and bright rosy lips (it couldn’t hurt). Thanks to an illuminating primer, the skin is ever-so-dewy, and the dark blue liner plays off the pink. It’s strategically placed on the middle of the lower lash line for a doe-eyed effect, so you can give strangers a come-hither stare while you sashay by them in your raincoat.
Side note: #teamraincoat ALL THE WAY. Raincoats are the way to go (even if they are hard to look cute in), because they let you keep your hands free, and if there’s a kitten huddling in an rainy alley and you need to save her, you can carry her and comfort her with both hands.
See? Always looking ahead. 😀🐱💗👌😍
When it’s raining, I like to keep my makeup on the minimal side, because you never know if you and your raincoat will get caught in a downpour, and I figure that if my face gets drenched in the rain, better for it to happen while I’m wearing minimal makeup than a full face of war paint… You know, less to clean up when I get wherever I need to go. *shrugs shoulders*
Here’s a breakdown of this look…
TOOLS (products I used are in italic):
- Whatever you like to blend your foundation and cream with — a blending brush, BeautyBlender or your fingers
- A brow gel (I used Hourglass Arch Brow Gel in Warm Brunette)
- A waterproof Mascara (L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Waterproof)
- A long-wearing dark blue pencil liner (Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Sabbath)
- An under-eye concealer (I used MAC Studio Waterweight Concealer in a mix of NC20 and NW45)
- A liquid foundation (Physicians Formula The Healthy Foundation in DW2)
- An illuminating liquid primer (I like Physicians Formula Spotlight Illuminating Primer)
- A creamy pink blush (Kosas Cosmetics Creme Blush in 8th Muse)
- A matte rosy pink liquid lipstick (Physicians Formula The Healthy Lip Velvet Finish in Dose of Rose) — I chose a liquid matte lipstick because I didn’t want to wear anything that would stick to my hair