Left: Lynette, the makeup artist; Right: Jen, the beautiful bride
We’re here in the bridal suite getting ready! I’ve been picking the makeup artist’s brain (Lynette) for wedding makeup tips and she’s been great!
These things rock!
Wedding Makeup Tips
- Lynette prefers matte blush over shimmer because, she says, “mattes look more natural and shimmers
look oily in pictures.”
- Recommends L’oreal Original Voluminous mascara because “it goes on thick and isn’t
clumpy, and thickens and lengthens the best” out of all the mascaras she’s used for weddings.
- For photographs, she loves Cinema Secrets cream foundation in the pan
and Cinema Secrets pan concealer because “it covers everything and looks great in flash
- To get a soft look with your eyeliner, “apply powder shadow dry to the lower lash line with
an angled brush.”
- If you have very oily skin, “try using a mattifying gel addition to primer.” Try OC
Eight Mattifying Gel 8 Hour Control.
- Definitely look for Ardell InvisiBands (semi wispies) false lashes. They look natural in photos
“because they have tiny hairs,” and they’re very easy to apply.
- Lipstick can look heavy in photos, so try using a mix of lip liner and gloss instead.
- To help your makeup stay in place better on your wedding day, “do a clay mask before you apply anything.”
Reporting live from Jen & Michael’s wedding in Boca Raton…
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,