The cosmetics industry calls it “trading down,” but most women call it common sense. The economy is prompting women to look more closely at budget alternatives to many of their favorite department store products.
Here’s a quick look at 21 budget beauty resources to help us save some scratch without having to sacrifice too much on quality. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like…
- Beauty on a Budget: Advice from a Stylist: From the Fashion & Style pages of The New York Times, makeup artist Ann Orcutt shows how to “trade down” from department store makeup and drugstore without sacrificing on quality.
- What’s Your Favorite Drugstore Skin Care Buy? Don’t miss the comments on this Glamour mag post with suggestions on top drugstore skin care buys.
- 8 Eyeshadows Under $10: Glamour’s Beth Shapouri links to a gallery of 8 pretty eyeshadow palettes and quads worth checking out.
- Boots Amazon Forest Brazil Nut and Vanilla Selection: I love Brazil nuts. If you do, too, then check out the Boots aisle at your local Target.
- Kiss Manicure Salon Kit: Here’s a fantastic $10 kit with eight items for manicures on the go.
- Sally Hansen Miracle Cure: Where the heck has Sally’s Miracle Cure been all my life? I have GOT to get myself a bottle of this stuff.
- Maybelline Define-A-Lash Mascara: How do you beat $7.95 for longer than long, blacker than black lashes?
- Top 5 Drugstore Beauty Items (Dec 2007): A couple of these aren’t easy to find anymore, but they’re all great budget standbys.
- MSN Lifestyle Blog: Favorite Drugstore Beauty Buys: Here’s a nice list of drugstore beauty products Rebecca at MSN Lifestyle recommends.
- Beauty on a Budget: Under the Radar Finds: I’d never heard of some of these drugstore gems before.
- A Product Snob’s Favorite Drugstore Finds: When it comes to budget beauty, it takes something truly special to win the heart of a self-proclaimed products snob.
- Cheap Chic False Eyelashes: If Shu’s too rich for you, try these peeper enhancers. They’re a whopping $5.99! Sport flirty, fun lashes for much, much less.
- Suave Humectant Shampoo and Conditioner: Here’s a nice review of a popular uber-drugstore shampoo and conditioner that combined cost less than $7!
- Neutrogena Antioxidant Age Reverse Day Lotion: Futurederm articles cover all the bases, and this one’s no different. Here’s a look at a product whose name may be a mouthful, but for less than $20 it promises to reduce free radicals by 99%.
- Olay ProX Professional Anti Aging Skin Care Line: At $61.50, this kit’s at the high end of the drugstore beauty spectrum, but Futurederm thinks it’s one of the best skin care systems around.
- Which Olay Night Moisturizer Should I Use? Choosing among Olay’s many products isn’t easy. They make a ton! This look at Olay night moisturizers can help.
- Real People Love Clean and Clear Persagel: Here’s an acne spot treatment that gets consistently high marks from users.
- 10 Cheap Beauty Must-Haves : A $1 lip glaze?? Yup. These budget beauty over-achievers shouldn’t be missed.
- Luxe Tips Blog’s Favorite Drugstore Beauty Products: A few more recommended drugstore gems… these courtesy of the great Luxe Tips blog.
- Best Budget Mascaras: Have you stopped by a drugstore in the middle of the night, wondering which budget mascara was best? Here’s some help.
- Best Budget Friendly Body Washes: Here, Real Simple readers picked some of their favorite inexpensive body washes.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,