Wearing pieces from the new Chanel Les Beiges Summer 2015 Collection
There’s beige…a color which is often associated with drab hospital walls, sensible shoes and cat barf.
That face you make when you find a fresh glob of goopy cat barf on your treadmill, beside which stands your cat, looking all smug and self-satisfied…
And then there’s Chanel Beige. Also known as yaaaaaas.
I have no idea how Chanel turned a color as historically boring as beige into something so covetable, but they did it with the new Les Beiges Summer 2015 Collection.
Pretty pieces from the new Chanel Les Beiges Summer 2015 Collection…
The Chanel Les Beiges Summer 2015 collection includes…
- Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Multi-Colour Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen in Mariniere No. 1 and Marinimere No. 02 ($65 each)
- Les Beiges Blush Healthy Glow Sheer Colour Sticks in No. 20, No. 21 and No. 22 ($45 each)
- Le Vernis Nail Colours in Beige Rose, Beige Pur, Precious Beige and Lovely Beige ($27 each)
- Levres Scintillantes Glossimers in 204 Rose Tendre and 206 Beige Star ($30 each)
- Les Beiges Healthy Glow Hydrating Lip Balm ($36)
- Retractable Kabuki Brush ($70)
- Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Colour SPF 15 in No. 10, No. 20, No. 30, No. 40, No. 50, No. 60 and No. 70 ($58 each)
- Les Beiges All-In-One Healthy Glow Fluid Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen in No. 10, No. 20., No. 30, No. 40, No. 50 and No. 60 ($45 each)
For the hardcore Chanel-ophiles among us, I’ll get to that striped face powder in the above picture and what it’s doing there in a minute, but first! — what is Les Beiges?
Well, it’s two things. One, it’s a line of sheer face powders in the Chanel permanent collection, and two, it’s also a collection of sun-protected and healthy glowing skin-themed annual summertime products released by Chanel for summer over the past couple years.
Think polished but not overly perfected, and picture sheer tinted moisturizers, cream blushes and sheer face powders. All very summery.
This year’s Les Beiges Summer 2015 release follow that same idea, and it includes multicolored face/cheek powders, stick blushes (these are new!), nail polishes, a couple of glosses, a balm, a retractable kabuki brush, face powders and tinted moisturizers. The only things listed on the Chanel website as “limited edition” are the tinted moisturizers, so here’s to hoping that most of these items stick around a while.
Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Multi-Color No. 02 Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen ($65)