If you can name all of them, a makeup angel gets her wings. 🙂
Archives for February 2010
Raise your hand if you’ve ever thought, “Ahhh, fresh Blacktrack!”
If you have, then hello there fellow member of Cult MAC Blacktrack ($15). 🙂
If you haven’t, however, then allow me to introduce you to your new favorite (hopefully) gel eyeliner.
During my LBB years (aka Life Before Blacktrack), every liner I’d try would slip right off my oily skin. Blacktrack changed everything.
True story: I was wearing it when I watched The Notebook for the first time, and by the end of the movie my liner was still going strong. ‘Nuff said.
New in Beauty
- MAC’s Tabloid Beauty Collection ($13-21) — high-def makeup for the rest of us
- Dry skin much? Chanel suggests Hydramax + Active Nourishing Cream ($72) and Hydramax+ Active Lip Care ($45)
- A serene garden 🙂 inspired Laura Mercier’s Zen Face Palette ($60) for eyes, lips and cheeks
- La Prairie’s White Caviar skincare collection ($250-450) costs more than REAL caviar!
- Hanae Mori introduces No 1 Eau de Parfum ($95), a blend of Parisian blooms and berries
- Take home a fat stash of deluxe samples with any cosmetics or fragrance purchase of $100 or more at the Neiman Marcus Beauty Event, online and in-stores beginning February 25
- Who couldn’t use advice on common skincare issues? Well, Curel’s interactive online Skin Advisor may be able to help
- Strange Invisible’s newest scent, Peloppensian Eau de Parfum ($150), has notes of cypress, lime, orange, sage, honey and sea air
- More bamboo handles on Sonia Kashuk’s new Straight Nature Eye Brush Set ($20) and Straight Nature Foundation Brush ($17)
- Sparse brows? Philip Thomas Roth Brows to Die For ($85) to the rescue!
- Cake Beauty infused their All About You Set ($45) of bath and body goodies with tropical scents of Tahitian Vanilla and coconut
Heya, ladies. Can you believe it’s already hump day!? It seems like we were just talking about last weekend, doesn’t it?
It stormed hard here yesterday afternoon and last night, but it’s not raining now. Instead there’s a thick layer of fog over everything outside. I can’t even see the places next door… FREAKY!
Have a great day today. Let me know how you’re doing.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
Philosophy, the makers of PMS (Purity Made Simple) face wash, just added a new collection to their burgeoning line of cosmetics. The Color of Grace includes tidbits for face, eyes, cheeks and lips, all of them with something special in common: pink!
The Color of Grace Shimmering Powder in Amazing Grace, $30
Pack your bags, ladies! It’s time for some fun in the sun. 🙂 Bring your sexiest summer dress, a swimsuit and sandals because today’s virtual vacay begins with Chanel’s Rouge Coco lipstick in La Pausa 08.
A sexy, summery coral with a hint of golden shimmer (same smooth texture as Mademoiselle), she enjoys chilling at beach bars and relaxing on the sand beneath an umbrella with a fruity drink.
I can see us now…
“Girl, is that Ryan Reynolds?”
“Hawt damn, I think he’s shirtless…”