More handy dandy tips from the Barbie Loves MAC Seminar!
Tips and Tricks: Lashes
- When curling the lashes, squeeze twice: once closer to the lid and the next a little further toward the tip to give a longer lasting, more natural looking curl.
- To thicken the lashes, apply two coats of Prep + Prime Lash. Let dry between coats for maximum effect.
- For maximum deposit of mascara, “wiggle” the brush from root to tip during the application or apply from side-to-side rather than up and out.
- To open and “lift” the eye, apply mascara to the top lashes only.
- For a light coating of mascara, transfer some mascara to a 204 brush and apply.
- To help make the eye appear rounder, focus mascara application on the center lashes both top and bottom.
- To elongate the eye, focus mascara application on the outer corners of the eye. Be sure to get the little lashes that tend to hide in the outer corner.
- To separate the lashes and assist in achieving a soft, feathery appearance, brush through the lashes with the 206 brush while still wet with mascara.
- For the appearance of thicker, richer lashes try a technique called “backing the lashes.” Line the eye from under the top lashes with a 259 brush or 266 brush dipped into Fluid Line.
- Experiment with layering formulas to achieve a desired effect. Try Fiber Rich lash over Zoom Lash for thick, rich lass without the spider effect.
- For quick eye lining, run the tips of a 266 brush along the mascara wand and apply when needed.
- Try color on lashes. Navy blue mascara is great for brightening the eye without looking like major color. Violet mascara adds interest and enhances the appearance of green eyes.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,