12 things to know about the MAC Philip Treacy collection
- It’s pronounced “tree-see” (not tree-say), and it’s available now (LE, available starting March 26, 2015).
- Blacktrack is a re-promote.
- With the High-Light Powders, the silver is an overspray.
- Blue Peep Pro Longwear Fluidline is abso-friggin’-lutely beautiful.
- Royal Wink Pro Longwear Fluidline isn’t as pigmented as I’d like.
- If you get one lipstick from the release, let it be No Faux Pas (it’s one of the more comfy MAC mattes I’ve worn).
- The High-Light Powders are probably better for pale princesses than darker divas (they look a little ashy on my NC42 skin).
- Genuine Treasure Paint Pot is like a golden glitter top coat for your lids.
- False Lashes mascara is also a re-promote, and it’s great at thickening and making your lashes look really dark (but not so good at holding a curl).
- This collection is based on hats.
- I’m seriously considering “that hat life” because apparently I don’t do my hair anymore.
- I’m not wearing hats in any of these pictures because I gave them all to Goodwill in a cleaning fit/frenzy at the beginning of the year.
London-based Philip Treacy is a big deal maker of hats, and the MAC Philip Treacy collection was inspired by three of his coiffure-covering creations…