You might be wondering, “So what in tarnation is this Monday Poll thing anyway!?”
Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- If you could dye your hair any color for exactly one month and then instantly go back to your current hair color without any damage/time spent growing it out, what color would you choose?
Hmm… I’ve always LOVED the idea of pastel pink hair, but I haven’t realistically thought I could pull it off, since pale colors tend to make me look tired.
But I’d still probably go with something bright and striking that you could see from a mile away.
Maybe a lapis lazuli blue, or a bright pink like MAC’s Impassioned Lipstick.
- How do you like your pancakes? — plain, or with gobs of butter, fruit on top, syrup and/or other toppings?
I like mine with bananas mixed into the batter, a tiny pat of butter on top, and lots of (room temperature) maple syrup.
Yup, room temp. Me no likey cold syrup.
- A Bath & Body Works scent that always triggers fond memories for you?
I was all about Country Apple back in the day (the ’90s), and whenever I’d be over at my friend Jen’s house, I’d steal a spritz of Juniper Breeze.
- I’m so over ____________.
Super sharp and defined, sculpted brows. I still like the look on other people…but I’m totally over it on myself.
It just takes too long, and I can’t be bothered with using six different products to fill in my brows.
I’ll take a Tom Ford Brow Pencil any day.
- Do you have any weird rituals/habits you do when you’re in your car (or someone else’s)?
I’m sure I have a few, but I can only think of one right now.
Whenever I’m a passenger in someone’s car, and this is assuming I’m comfortable with the driver and haven’t just met them two seconds ago, I usually take off my shoes, because I just don’t see any point in wearing shoes unless you absolutely have to (they oppress the feet).
But if I’m the one driving, of course, I keep my shoes on.
Oh, boy… My dad used to give these long (and somewhat odd, now that I think about it) lectures about the perils about driving barefoot.
Your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ‘em!
1. If you could dye your hair any color for exactly one month and then instantly go back to your current hair color without any damage/time spent growing it out, what color would you choose?
2. How do you like your pancakes? — plain, or with gobs of butter, fruit on top, syrup and/or other toppings?
3. A Bath & Body Works scent that always triggers fond memories for you?
4. I’m so over _________.
5. Do you have any weird rituals/habits you do when you’re in your car (or someone else’s)?
The more I think about it, the more I’m convinced that Karl Lagerfeld and I could be BFFs, as is “Best Frenemies Forever,” haha!
We’d be bound by our common love of beauty and our high maintenance diva cats…but we’d never be able to make it through afternoon tea without wanting to kill each other.
Your Karl quote for the week:
“Music gives color to the air of the moment.”
– Karl Lagerfeld
In related news, here are the songs currently coloring my air. I’m making a list of music for the Nike Women’s Half Marathon, and these are some recent additions…
Dreaming by Smallpools
Agora by Bear Hands
Eek! I’m off to a late start today.
Blast you, Monday! You will not get the better of me. This, I swear.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,