Hello, gorgeous. Good afternoon. I don’t want to keep you from the fun I hope you’re having (it is Friday, after all), but do you have time for a 2-minute review? I hope so, because this is one I think you’ll like.
Are you ready? OK, I’m turning over the hourglass now…
The new Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette: 2-minute review
- A limited edition palette containing three Hourglass blushes, two of them re-promotes and one brand new blush shade.
- Price: $58 US, $67 CDN
- Coming October 2014 to Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman, Sephora and Space NK stores, as well as online to hourglasscosmetics.com.
- The two re-promoted blush shades are Luminous Flush (a champagne rose blush fused with Ambient Powder in Luminous Light) and Mood Exposure (a soft plum blush fused with Ambient Powder in Mood Light).
- The single new shade, exclusive to the Ambient Lighting Blush Palette, is called Incandescent Electra, a cool peach blush blended with Ambient Powder in Incandescent Light.
- Handle with care! Even the packaging indicates that the palette is fragile, so this beauty may not be fit for whirlwind travel.
- Incandescent Electra, the new peach shade, is much more pigmented than I thought it would be at first blush/glance. One layer is enough for a natural-looking flush.
- Go really easy on Luminous Flush and Mood Exposure, because you’ll probably only need a bit of either one.
- All three of these are, unsurprisingly for Hourglass, a breeze to blend, and the powders don’t appear heavy at all on the skin.
- I think they also look great in pics. Skin doesn’t look oily, and pores don’t look extra-large.
- Wear time clocks in around 8-9 hours.
- Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: A (an A+ if the packaging felt more fit for travel, but I’m nervous about the blushes breaking!)