You might be wondering, “So what in tarnation is this Monday Poll thing anyway!?”
Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- What’s your stance on monogrammed anythings (mugs, towels, jewelry, bags, etc.)?
I think they’re classy in moderation. I mean, I’m not the girl who shows up to the party with a monogrammed bag, shirt, hanky and earrings, but I do have a couple of monogrammed mugs. There’s this white one I use for my coffee/tea every morning, and if El Hub ever broke it, there’d be hell to pay!
I also have a couple of monogrammed necklaces, and I wear them all the time.
- Would you rather wear a single statement bracelet, or a bunch of dainty bracelets?
I’ll take the single statement bracelet, please.
- Gummy bears or lemon drops?
Hmm… Gummy bears, but only if they’re those really soft ones. They have to be really soft and gummy, and not the super chewy tough ones that feel like you’re chewing leather.
Ugh! When those tough ones get stuck in your teeth? No thank you.
- When was the last time you kissed someone under the mistletoe?
It was a looong time ago. About 20 years. I think it was at a college holiday party, and it was just a quick peck on a friend’s cheek.
I know! Most boring mistletoe story ever! Sorry. Hopefully your story is steamier than mine. I need to be entertained, girlfriend!
- How good are you at remembering other people’s birthdays?
OK, this one is one of those things that I think I should be pretty good at, because I usually remember details like how many kids someone has or if they like cats or dogs or traveling, but I’m not good at remembering birthdays.
Actually, I’m absolutely CRAP at remembering birthdays. They slip through my brain like wind through Swiss cheese (uh…). Seriously, if it wasn’t for the calendar on my iPhone, I’d remember two birthdays — mine and my brother’s, only because his is exactly one week after mine, haha.
Your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em!
1. What’s your stance on monogrammed anythings (mugs, towels, jewelry, bags, etc.)?
2. Would you rather wear a single statement bracelet, or a bunch of dainty bracelets?
3. Gummy bears or lemon drops?
4. When was the last time you kissed someone under the mistletoe?
5. How good are you at remembering other people’s birthdays?
Hey, babe! You know it’s the holidays when folks bust out the scented holiday candles.
I started this Frosted Cranberry one from Bath & Body Works the other day, and oh! — so cozy and delicious. My friend Marisol recommended it, and now I’m recommending it to you.
Speaking of cozy and delicious, I hope that describes the week you’re about to have.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,